Thursday October 20th 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tuna casserole, extra spicy. The top came off the Srirachi sauce, and it got a pretty good dose.

I had something similar happen with red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, I can't remember which. The perforated plastic came off with the lid :wacko:
Edible, but spicy. Even after scooping most of it out.

Made a quick alfredo sauce with linguini, grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. A co-worker gave me a coupon for those new Fleischmanns bread mixes that you bake in the oven, done in less than an hour, I tried the Italian Herb, not bad for bread made in an hour, with only water added and no kneading, but for the price, I doubt that I would buy it ($2.99), that and there were a bunch of ingredients that I have no idea what they were.

pacanis said:
I had something similar happen with red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, I can't remember which. The perforated plastic came off with the lid :wacko:
Edible, but spicy. Even after scooping most of it out.

I grabbed a spoon and bailed out a bunch too. Nice, clear sinuses.

I threw some pork chops in the crock-pot with some stewed tomatoes, seasonings and onions. Not sure what I'm going to make yet. I might just slice the pork and have it over rice or noodles. There will be leftovers, because I had to use the package of chops up.
I was waiting for a maintenance guy most of the afternoon, so I just turned the crock pot pork chops into a stew. I had little time, etc. I'll post pictures later.

coming back to add... I'm not in a stew mood, so i'm going to have french bread pizza later on and enjoy some tv to relax.

Last edited:
babetoo said:
maybe a blt or just a bowl of cereal. don't feel good at all. dr. says i have pneumonia again. antibiotics, etc.

Oh boy. Glad you saw the doc, Babe.

I was in the stew mood.
And apparently, the noodle mood, too :LOL:

Attachments

• Stew.jpg
    Stew.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 148
babe, please take care of yourself.

pneumonia is nothing to toy with.

lol with which to toy. over easy. nevermind.

just rest, and get better.

Last edited:
Threw some country style ribs in the crock with garlic, onion, and homemade bbq sauce. Served with twice baked potatoes, exceptionally tender and falling off the bone. The ribs, not the taters :). A bit of a PSA here, but NEVER season a dish after a half bottle of wine, I had the bright idea to grab my reserved "rub" and season the ribs before browning them and throwing them in the pot. Well, thru Moscato glasses, rub=blackening seasoning. In case you didn't know, they soooo are not equal, lol. Welcome to the world Lisa's sweet but exceptionally spicy crock pot ribs!

lol lisa.
i'm the exact opposite.

whenit comes to cooking, i've found a few under my belt helped me sense flavours better, thus cook better.

anyone else either way?

lol lisa.
i'm the exact opposite.

whenit comes to cooking, i've found a few under my belt helped me sense flavours better, thus cook better.

anyone else either way?

I am right there with you on this one. I taste, then taste, then after I think everything is perfect, I taste. The thing is, thru my fantastic wine goggles, I truly thought I was grabbing a container of my 'rub', which is anchored by brown sugar with a bunch of seasonings. Yet I grabbed a container of blackening seasoning, which is soooo pepper (cayenne, chipotle, all of the above) heavy. Since I was just browning the ribs, couldn't really taste em as they still weren't cooked thru, but despite the fact that they were spicy as Satan, they were still good!

Made a quick alfredo sauce with linguini, grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. A co-worker gave me a coupon for those new Fleischmanns bread mixes that you bake in the oven, done in less than an hour, I tried the Italian Herb, not bad for bread made in an hour, with only water added and no kneading, but for the price, I doubt that I would buy it ($2.99), that and there were a bunch of ingredients that I have no idea what they were.

I posted a recipe for Cuban bread that I thought might be an alternative to the bread mix.

Thanks Patty (nice smilies, lol)
Thanks, VB.
Stew will be on my menu now for a couple days.

Baked chicken breast, mashed and gravy, microwave steamed fresh carrot coins and frozen peas.

img_1061173_0_2274bcc6e7a71144bec522cae002365d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom