Thursday October 20th 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
What's everyone having for dinner this afternoon?

Well it's 54 degree's outside here today so it's rather chilly. But we're going to brave the cold temperatures outside so that we can cook Hamburgers and Hotdogs on the grill.

I have a few slices of a tasty pork roast leftover and I'm going to cook some barley with aromatics and hard cider for part of the liquid for the barley and cube the pork to add to the barley. Take that mixture and stuff bell peppers with it and bake them until heated through. Perhaps a sprinkling of parmesan at the table.
I have a good sized granny smith apple, maybe I'll cube it up and roast it while the peppers are in the oven till it breaks down nice and soft like a chunky applesauce to serve alongside the pepper.

I'll be making a variation of the Italian String Bean Stew recipe Andy posted a while back. I'll be using bison instead of beef, and I'm going to heavily season it with Hungarian paprika before I brown it, like a gulyas. I'll also add mushrooms and some fresh oregano towards the end, when I add the green beans. I'll probably serve over egg noodles.

I'm browning some hamburger and making sloppy joe ring. I crescent rolls laid out in a circle and fill with sloppy joe and bake. DH doesn't like it on buns and this is a way he'll eat it since he can use a fork! I'll do up some alfedo shells and salads.

I got a nice pork shoulder roast that's braising in the oven. I'll stick a potato in to bake later on (the roast is 8#).

I'm browning some hamburger and making sloppy joe ring. I crescent rolls laid out in a circle and fill with sloppy joe and bake. DH doesn't like it on buns and this is a way he'll eat it since he can use a fork! I'll do up some alfedo shells and salads.

that's a neat idea. i'm going to have to steal that one soon. thanks jabbur.

we have a scout thing tonight called "trunk or treat". it's where the pack parents decorate the trunk of their cars, then park their cars around a large field and have the boys go trick or treating to each one.

i think it's kinda stupid. do we really need a pre-halloween, with more candy?

anyway, i'm picking up dinner from a converted pizza place that does takeout steaks and chops and grilled stuff.

dw's getting grilled chicken over greek salad, the boy's getting a burger, and i'm getting the "protein salad", which is a couple of thin slices of various grilled meats over a salad with olives and swiss cheese.

I threw some pork chops in the crock-pot with some stewed tomatoes, seasonings and onions. Not sure what I'm going to make yet. I might just slice the pork and have it over rice or noodles. There will be leftovers, because I had to use the package of chops up.

Sweet Italian sausages on hoggie rolls with peppers and onions, coleslaw and macaroni salad.

Burger
Home made Baked Beans (freezer food)
Mustgos- Spinach and Orzo with chives w/add garlic

Tuna casserole, extra spicy. The top came off the Srirachi sauce, and it got a pretty good dose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom