Thursday, Sept 4th menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i made pork sirloin end chops a hot sausges in a garden style sauce with tomatoes and peppers from the garden, onions and mushrooms from the store.
img_1385044_0_08c8a5b00f76050c570b0cfcb0745997.jpg

Tacos!

I made a big batch of taco meat this morning. Tacos in crispy shells for dinner tonight; Baby burritos to use up a stack of flour tortillas next; the rest of the meat will be turned into chili, which in turn will become my version of chili dogs with the addition of sliced hot dogs, and when the hot dogs are gone, the remaining chili will become a soup.

MMmmmmm! Good to the last drop.

Last edited:
Must-goes here, probably for two nights. So far I've had the last of the grilled corn mixed and heated with half of a grilled chicken breast. We'll see what else leaps out at me next time I open the refrigerator door. :)

Leftovers here, too - southwestern meatballs with tomatillo-cilantro dipping sauce and Mexican garden salad with taco seasoning mixed into ranch dressing. I also roasted some red new potatoes and drizzled some of the dipping sauce on that.

Mmmm.....looks good, bt and joey! :yum:

I'm tired this evening and didn't feel like doing anything at all in the kitchen, so I had a take out order of California Rolls from my fave little sushi place.

We went to my sister's home for dinner tonight to catch up with my nephew and his wife visiting from CA. Sis made a traditional Armenian dish called chi kefte.
Çiğ köfte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In our family, it's served with large pieces of moistened cracker bread. Sides are a tossed salad and pickles.

It's a treat for my sister and the men in the family, my SO and niece ate other stuff.

We went to my sister's home for dinner tonight to catch up with my nephew and his wife visiting from CA. Sis made a traditional Armenian dish called chi kefte.
Çiğ köfte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In our family, it's served with large pieces of moistened cracker bread. Sides are a tossed salad and pickles.

It's a treat for my sister and the men in the family, my SO and niece ate other stuff.
Sounds yummy. I would eat it.

andy, was it beef or lamb, or a mix?

i had it when i was a kid at my buddy's house (the nigoshian's). i LOVED it.

i wonder if the word kefte or kofte means seasoned ground meat, as in kefte kebabs?

andy, was it beef or lamb, or a mix?

i had it when i was a kid at my buddy's house (the nigoshian's). i LOVED it.

i wonder if the word kefte or kofte means seasoned ground meat, as in kefte kebabs?

Sis uses beef top of the round triple ground. She gets it from a small market that caters to the Armenian community. The butcher always grinds the chi kefte meat to order on a newly cleaned grinder to prevent contamination for earlier grindings.

Chi means raw and kefte translates to meatball. They are commonly hand shaped to a rough football shape. Ths size is governed by the cook's hand.

Sis arranges her preparation in a ring on a plate with a mound of minced scallions and parsley in the center for garnish.

001.JPG

It's our 21st Anniversary, but DH has to work
So we had a HUGE brunch
and just some 'pick food' as we call it in Hawaii for supper
Assorted Olives
Assorted Cheeses
Salami
Grapes (got get your 5-a-day)
TJ's Pita Bite Crackers
and some lovely Marcona Almonds with Rosemary from Trader Joe's
some wine for me and a cuppa coffee and 'special brownies' for dessert

004.JPG

Gotta love TJ's, I find that I'm buying more and more items there

Last edited:
Leftover ratatouille (finally getting some vegies from the garden...Asian eggplant, yellow and green zucchini, filet beans, broccoli, tomatoes and lots of garlic). DH made omelets with it, topped w/ white cheddar. Love breakfast for dinner.

...and 'special brownies' for dessert...

Gotta love TJ's, I find that I'm buying more and more items there
"special brownies"? But you don't live in Washington or Colorado...:unsure:

I love TJs. We have to drive almost 20 miles to get to the closest one, but we make sure we have a list and plan other stops in the area to make the trip worth it. Actually, any trip to TJs is worth it, but I want to get more from that trip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom