Thursday - What's cooking 11/25/10 - USA Thanksgiving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Happy Thanksgiving America!!

Well the pies are dessert. Dinner pics later.

Apple Pie (made with Ideal white & brown sugar substitute)

img_941689_0_e460cf820e829f2c8bd605ec769196b6.jpg

Pumpkin Pie

img_941689_1_64c410772cbc1e5b8ecc8330b19fd60b.jpg

Apple crisp (apple pie filling topped with uncooked rolled oats, nutmeg, cinnamon, Ideal brown sugar sub & 2 pats of butter). A treat for tonight instead of attacking the pies!! LOL

img_941689_2_0967a9022665b992e53777c7071b2033.jpg

Last edited:
Well it will be the traditional Turkey here (stuffed with carrorts, onion, and celery) with dressing on the side, mashed potatoes, greenbean casserol, brussel sprouts, honey glazed carrots and crescent rolls. For dessert I am making pumpkin pie using fresh pumpkin that I roasted last night.

We'll have smoked turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, apple salad, cranberry salad, pumpkin and pecan pies, with cheese ball and crackers for appys and snacking.

We have cornbread in the oven now (for stuffing) Ham is ready to go in. Will also have sweet potatoes and my brother is bringing over a fried turkey.

Well it's going to be an interesting Turkey day here.
The oven went out last night while I had the pies in them. My husband who's actually a brilliant man, ( I'm lucky like that ) Put them on the Big Daddy grill and cooked them all night for me. Grilled pies? Oh my! Kid tested Mom approved. :ohmy:

Looks like the turkey will be cooked on the grill to.

Happy Thanksgiving :chef:

Munky.

Dinner for ten::chef:
Webber barbecue turkey. (Oldest son is bringing it.)
Glazed ham
Dressing with sage sausage and dried cranberries
Mashed taters, gravy
Green beans with bacon and onions
Sweet potato casserole
Holiday fruit salad with fresh cranberries, green grapes, apples, mini marshmallows, and whip cream
Scalloped pineapple
Fresh cranberry sauce
Rolls
Pecan pies, and Key Lime pie.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful feast, but most of all, I'm wishing you abundant blessings for you and yours.

Nice dessert pics Patty!!

Unstuffed turkey with herb butter (chopped fresh thyme & sage, salt and pepper & sprigs of fresh rosemary under the skin and rubbed on the outside of the skin with the herb butter, salt & ground peppercorns). Cavity is stuffed with sprigs of fresh rosemary, thyme & sage.

img_941849_0_0c2e8f8a968717da4c23ec633f21526d.jpg

We're having roast turkey, oyster dressing, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, green beans, broccoli casserole, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie and chocolate pie. I usually have more sweets, but one of us is on a serious diet and two more are diabetics, so while it is a special occasion, no point in being pigs.

going to granddaughters house in about an hour and a half. my son is bringing several hams. i am taking g.b. casserole, mushroom gratin, pumpkin cheese cake with a caramel pecan topping. and a bottle of sparkling white wine. looking forward to seeing everyone and eating all the good food. happy turkey day, all.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Cream cheese, green olive & walnut poppers

img_941902_0_da056f4212a1e925cd30446b8982b1d2.jpg

Cranberry, tangerine & pecan relish (made with Ideal white & brown sugar sub)

img_941902_1_2a812d6af721dd705c2d26b4286702ea.jpg

Carved Turkey

img_941902_2_fa8707361f0b6e13937762ae086f3b7f.jpg

Dinner is served - Turkey, cold fresh string bean salad (sliced garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, sea salt & ground peppercorns), mashed acorn squash & sweet potato (Ideal brown sugar sub, sugar free maple syrup, cinnamon & butter), dressing/stuffing, mashed red & Yukon potatoes (butter, sour cream & fresh chives), sautéed mushrooms, buttered steamed Brussels sprouts, turkey gravy, cranberry, tangerine & pecan relish & olive poppers.

img_941902_3_61b9c1ca742928182c0fedd0afe8a579.jpg

We had "Alphonse special". It grilled cheese with salsa and sliced onion on whole grain bread. Very yummy.

Don't worry, we had Thanksgiving last month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom