Thursday's Chow Line - 6/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight we had Italian sausage ravioli with tomato sauce and Romano cheese with a side salad and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.

89714D9E-009C-422E-A574-304298D0F4E8_1_105_c.jpg

Day two of postdrome after two days of migraine, so we ordered from Thai Express. DH had pad Thai and I got a Thai soup and a couple of chicken wings. No heat in my soup or in my chicken wings, so I pulled out the Tabasco chipotle sauce.

We had salads and munched. Guess we were too full to have supper after a late breakfast of egg/ham/cheese sandwiches on rye bread. Those are always filling - and tasty.

I flew into Bozeman, MT and am now settled in with my son, his wife, and my grandkids in Helena MT. DIL made large chicken breast on their Traeger. It was perfectly seasoned, had a light smoky flavor, and was tender and juicy. This was coupled with sliced zucchini, sautéed in butter.

This is the first time I have eaten food cooked on the Traeger. The flavor surprised me. It was less smoky than I would hace thought, and picked up some of the same flavor obtained by cooking over charcoal I am impressed. I'm still planning on purchasing a Webber kettle in July.
I feel it will just give us more cooking options.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I flew into Bozeman, MT and am now settled in with my son, his wife, and my grandkids in Helena MT. DIL made large chicken breast on their Traeger. It was perfectly seasoned, had a light smoky flavor, and was tender and juicy. This was coupled with sliced zucchini, sautéed in butter.

This is the first time I have eaten food cooked on the Traeger. The flavor surprised me. It was less smoky than I would hace thought, and picked up some of the same flavor obtained by cooking over charcoal I am impressed. I'm still planning on purchasing a Webber kettle in July.
I feel it will just give us more cooking options.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I hope you enjoy staying with your son and his family.

I want to hear all about that Traeger cooking. I just went down a rabbit hole looking at a vast number of different Traegers. Please let us know about future meals cooked on it.

Back
Top Bottom