Thursday's Culinary Efforts... 4/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's Effort-
Air Fryer Pork loin Chop on a blanket of Sauerkraut
Skillet hominy, Buttered Carrots, and a Salad, of course...

Pork Loin, Air Fryer, Skillet Hominy.jpg

SO has really taken a liking to Steve Kroll's Hungarian Goulash Soup. I also like it a lot so I made another pot tonight. We'll have that and some rolls for dinner tonight.

Mac & cheese with mushrooms, and a side of kale stir fried with garlic and oil.
Took another shot at Homemade bagels. ( actually for lunch). It was a step up from my last attempt, but still haven't mastered it yet.

Meatloaf, mashies and green beans. I've always made meatloaf with bread crumbs/panade, but we decided to try oats this time since we had them. Think we'll be making it that way from now on.

Attachments

• 2020-04-23 18.47.59.jpg
    2020-04-23 18.47.59.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 77
I had some of that leftover pork roast again, on slices of Wasa crisp rye bread. Then a bit later, I made myself a tomato and fried egg sandwich. That was just exactly what I wanted. Yum.

I puttered in the kitchen baking and couldn't decide what to make for supper. Instead, I sent Himself on a contactless carry-out pick-up. He got our steak bomb calzone from our favorite pizza shop...where we never get pizza. [emoji38] They have mighty fine calzones, though.

I puttered in the kitchen baking and couldn't decide what to make for supper. Instead, I sent Himself on a contactless carry-out pick-up. He got our steak bomb calzone from our favorite pizza shop...where we never get pizza. [emoji38] They have mighty fine calzones, though.

Have you ever tried their pizza?

Yes. It's good if you eat in, but doesn't travel well... even though we're less than five miles away. Besides, we're perfectly happy with individual Naan bread pizzas that I make at home - emphasis on "individual". Himself loves meat-laden pizza. I prefer mostly veggies.

Used up this and that from the refrigerator and made stuffed peppers, with mashed potatoes, and asparagus. 20200423_211026.jpg

We had bbq pulled pork over shredded potatoes, topped with cheese, sour cream and green onions.. Was not too pretty but, delicious..

Ice cream for dessert..

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom