Thursday's culinary Efforts 6/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Hot Chicken Sandwich - Shredded Chicken Breast in Gravy over White Bread , Mashed Idaho Spuds, Cranberry sauce, salad w/ Russian ...

Chicken , Hot Sandwich.jpg

Plain peasant food plus use up stuff from the freezer and leftover bits in the fridge. Two kinds of German sausage, Napa cabbage, onions, potatoes, spices with juniper berries and a touch of caraway, with a little mustard sauce. What was left of the homemade pickled canned roasted beets.

Attachments

• 2020-06-18 18.18.04.jpg
    2020-06-18 18.18.04.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Why I love my surrogate grocery shopper-- Ordered a baguette, -- got 2 mini french loaves. Perfect for tonight's dinner -- which turned out to be french bread pizzas. Luckily there is frozen sausage, quick thawed and cooked up with some onion and garlic. Sacrifice part of a jar of marinara, sent the rest to the freezer for another time, some sliced green olives, dried oregano, an inch piece of frozen pesto stirred into the marinara. Now the cheese-- guess the shopper didn't anticipate mozzarella, and neither did I. Cheddar and parmesan.
Well, we liked it.

It was going to be a scrounge the leftovers day. We have a leftover grilled burger patty and some grilled pork sausages (fancy hot dogs ;) ), because I couldn't think of anything that motivated me to cook. Then, I came across a FB post I made a year ago, where I had made a salad and put that on the table with some proteins and some capers and other enhancements. So, I thought about it for about two minutes and realized that I could do the same thing tonight. Tonight's supper was a salad of leaves, chopped chicken breast, cubed old cheddar and feta, hard steamed eggs, capers, pickled onions, and some wholewheat baguette with a plate of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping the bread. I served it with an Italian dressing from a recipe I had been wanting to try. I didn't add the parm. I might give it a boost with some lemon juice. https://addapinch.com/perfect-italian-dressing-recipe/

That was a well received, very satisfying supper.

I made a batch of my world famous, internationally renowned ranch potato salad. That served as a side for grilled kielbasa for our dinner tonight.

I ran across the ranch potato salad recipe a few days ago in my hard copy recipe book. I really ought to make that!

We had tri tip roast, cause it is on sale this week, baked potatoes and fresh pea pods. For dessert we finished off a home made key lime pie. Which reminds me. Today I whipped up meringues from 8 egg whites. That made a lot of meringues. How do you store them? Can you freeze them? I need to get them out of my sight or storing them will not be an issue.

We shared a rare sliced rib eye steak, cooked in the SV and finished on Wilma. I did some split tiny potatoes browned in garlic and duck fat, and added some green beans to the pot with a little water and HdP seasoning. The last of the summer squash casserole finished off the meal. Yumm..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom