Thursday's Dining Experience 2/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our dinner was a sheet pan dinner. Chicken thighs stuffed with mascarpone, lemon zest and microplaned garlic. Sweet potato and beet root cubes. Cooking liquid/sauce of white wine, honey, lemon juice and grainy mustard. Garnished with basil.

Attachments

• 2021-02-04 19.13.32.jpg
    2021-02-04 19.13.32.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 57
Fanny Farmer's classic recipe Baked Macaroni and Cheese, mixed baby greens and sliced tomatoes. mustard vinaigrette and lemon (garden) blueberry muffins.

I served supper mostly from the freezer. There was some store bought, frozen, cheese tortellini and Stirling's wonderful, vegan, pasta sauce. There was pecorino Romano for grating onto the pasta and some whole wheat baguette. I don't feel too bad about not making a salad to go with that because, that pasta sauce is full of vegis.

This was a bit of an experiment for me. I want to see how well my arthritis tolerates passata, as opposed to tomatoes with the seeds.

I made a quick cheater soup tonight, a creamy chicken noodle broccoli that starts with dry Lipton chicken noodle soup mix. I used Aldi soup instead; it was nowhere near as salty! So...we topped it with a bit of shredded cheddar. A bit of markdown bread from today's shopping. A few minutes in the toaster oven and it's fresh again.
IMG_20210204_205241586.jpg

Back
Top Bottom