Thursday's Dinner 5/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Smokehouse Maple - Rubbed Chicken Breast, Crispy Potato Rounds, Stewed Tomatoes, Corn & Okra..........

Chicken Breast, Smokehouse Maple.jpg

A version of poutine. There was some sous vide London broil in the freezer, so I chopped that up and put the liquid in with some purchased gravy. Craig made the ATK oven fries that use a cornstarch slurry. We used fresh moz since the grocery didn't have any curds or farmer's/fresh cheese. It was pretty good. Definitely makes nice comfort food.

Attachments

• 2021-05-06 19.14.18.jpg
    2021-05-06 19.14.18.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 47
I fixed the skillet baked chicken Andy gave a link to recently, mashed potatoes with the butter used to bake the chicken, and fresh asparagus. Needed space in the freezer so finished some vanilla ice cream and ricotta cheese chocolate muffins.

Picked up a rally nice steak the other day. Cooked it SV to 130ºF and seared it on the charcoal chimney. Delicious!

44153FFE-31A5-4646-BBA7-775811AFA025_1_105_c.jpg

Tried some sausages that are new to us. It's a brand we regularly buy, but it was a substitution in a grocery order. We got "roasted French onion" instead of the hot Italian that they were out of. They were good, but not nearly as good as the Italian sausages. I served that with the last of the macaroni salad, some potato salad, the leftover dolmadakia, and pickles.

Everyone's dinner's sounds and looks fantastic!

We went out to dinner with Mr&Mrs. Next-Door-Neighbor to an Italian Mom&Pop joint that we've going to for many years, but was new to them...

on the table ...

IMG_0497.jpg

2 orders of Lasagna

IMG_0498.jpg

Garlic Shrimp

IMG_0499.jpg

Baked Lobster Ravioli in Alfredo Sauce

... included was all you can eat Salad, which is really good, homemade Bread and then we had Coffee and shared a piece of Italian Lemon & Chocolate Mousse cakes.

Lovely evening!

I threw together a one dish meal in the Instant Pot - a gumbo style dish, with some of the same seasonings that I put in jambalaya, but without the shrimp, and some whole wheat and channa dal added, in place of the usual white rice. I had a 10 oz pack of turkey kielbasa, which I used in place of the ham or andouille, and I added some chipotle, for more of that smoky flavor. I had a large bell pepper, that I had to use, plus the usual onion, garlic, and celery, plus thyme, bay, and cloves, for seasoning, then cooked about 7 or 8 minutes in the olive oil, in sauté mode. Then I added a cup each of kamut and channa dal, and 5 c water, salt to taste, and set it on slow cook/high mode for 4 hours - default time, but it needed about 1/2 hr longer. The dal broke down enough to thicken it slightly, and the kamut still had a slight bite to it.
Unnamed creole type dish, cooked in the Instant Pot. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Unnamed creole type dish, ready to eat. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Had breakfast out so, we settled for an Aldi frozen tomato/spinach pizza w/garlic cream sauce. Cooked in the A/f.

Bread pudding for dessert.

Ross

We smoked a chuck roast last Sunday with onions, bell peppers, jalapeños and garlic and a sauce made with stout beer. It makes a large amount, so we had some leftovers last night, served over rice noodles with a garden salad.
20210506_201351.jpg

Back
Top Bottom