Thursday's dinner - 6/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Comfort Night ;

Hot Dogs & Chuck Wagon Beans without Beef-

Red Beans, Black Beans, Pinto Beans with
Bacon, Garlic, Bell Pepper, a little Sriracha,topped with Chopped Red Onion

Hot Dogs & Beans 6-9-22.jpg

Last edited:
I'm having a day where everything seems to be going wrong. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. I have also been klutzing out. So, DH placed an order for hamburgers.

Hamburger chow mein. Thin sliced cabbage, bean sprouts, water chestnuts. a few chow mein noodles across the top. Rice. No celery.

Every once in a while I buy Boston Chowda Company clam chowder because the store is out of the good stuff - Captain Parker's. Boston Chowda, shrimp bisque, and gumbo were on sale recently. I thought we would try the gumbo. When I pulled it from the freezer last night to defrost, I also grabbed ten shrimp (31-40 count) to add to the gumbo. Good move, since there were about a half dozen tiny ones. Lots of sausage, though, and a pretty tasty base. With the extra rice, and salads to start, we had enough to eat. If I see it on sale, I'll certainly buy it again.

IMG_20220609_201128883.jpgView attachment 52122

Split pea soup with carrots and potatoes, toasted whole wheat bread. He had a hot chocolate vanilla soy milk, and I had a hot turmeric cinnamon cardamom nutmeg soy milk for dessert.

You know that post I put in from a couple day's back - Chief's Crazy Rice; well it's been had three nights straight. The first night, last Tuesday, it was surved as described. On Wednsday, it was reheated, plated, with Hoison sauce put on top, a great addition as the flavors complimented each other so well. Tonight, it was again warmed, plated, and topped with chili powder, and sriracha on top, another great tasting variation. For tomorrow's lunch, I'm thinking water chestnuts, ginger, and soy sauce will make the last of it pretty darned good, oe dish, 4 meals for 4 people
I made a lot, so it's a good thing that the original plays well with many flavors.

Bonus, no pots or pans to wash. Just reheat in the microeave. The storage container was rectangular glass with a snap tight lid

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom