Thursday's Dinner - 7/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken Nuggets in a Honey-Sriracha Sauce,
Rice & some Lefty Veggies............

Chicken Nuggets, Honey-Sriracha 7-7-22.jpg

Doctored, condensed tomato soup. Large can. Added onion, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, black pepper, and thyme, with a touch of liquid smoke. Diced three bonless, skinless chicken thighs, and added to the pot, after simmering the sauce for 20 minutes. Corrected seasoning. It needed more basil and oregano. Simmered with chicken for 20 minutes more. The chicken is very tender, and well flavored. Added a cup of water and 12 oz. chicken broth to make it soupy. Added 1.5 cups gemelli pasta. Cooked 15 minutes until.pasta was al dente with a thick, rich sauce. Poured into a casserole dish, and covered with a layer of mozzarella, then fresh grated Parmigiano Regiano, more pasta, more cheese, like lsagna. It tastes like a good lasagna with a Bolognese sauce, but with chicken. Desert is strawberry Jello with sliced , ripe banana. I will get pictures.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of thre North

Last edited:
We're having leftovers. I'm going to toss the rest of the chicken breast on top of a salad for myself. A liberal dose of salad dressing should make me think the chicken is not really that dry.

I made chickpea tofu the other day from an Internet recipe. Used it with some ramen noodles. Added fresh spicy peppers and onions to it for more veggies and also Sirarcha sauce. Fried all up in a skillet with avocado oil (was what I had on hand).

Brown basmati rice and veg with lots of broccoli, and my favorite a mustard sauce. Large bowl of watermelon. A fresh free stone peach. mmmmmmmm We rarely can get free stone peaches and we got these by accident not knowing they were free stone. Had I known we'd have bought 4 more lbs of them.

Here's those pictures I promised.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220707_173333.jpg
    20220707_173333.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220707_173418.jpg
    20220707_173418.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220707_173310.jpg
    20220707_173310.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220707_173323.jpg
    20220707_173323.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 16
I feel a chicken theme going on! I'm going to try some wings (chicken!?) in the airfryer. I will season them with some Slap Ya Mama, and then, after cooking, they will be tossed with some concoction of hot sauce, butter and Worcestershire sauce. They will be served with a choice of Ranch or Bleu Cheese sauce...and some potato salad I've just finished and put in the fridge to cool. Maybe some leftover coleslaw or a green salad will round out the meal. Yum!

Buffalo chicken wings and spicy fries. I also cooked up about a bushel of baby spinach with olive oil and sliced garlic but ended up with barely enough for one serving so I gave it to SO.

IMG_0208.jpg

It does sound like a chicken theme is happening. We had chicken too.

I made a new-to-me Danish recipe called "forårsgryde", which translates to spring pot. It had chicken and vegis, simmered in milk with rosemary and seasoned with salt, freshly ground pepper, and a tiny amount of freshly grated nutmeg. It was really quite tasty. I served it with fingerling potatoes. Next time the green beans will go in much closer to the end, like the peas. A lot of chopped parsley was stirred in right before taking the pot off the heat. We will definitely have this again. There might be some different vegis.

Spring pot with chicken served with fingerling potatoes.jpg Spring pot again.jpg

Another chicken dish here.

Dinner last night – Glazed chicken breast, jasmine rice, and asparagus.

glazed_chicken_070722_img_9802-jpg.51144

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom