Thursday's Dinner - Cinco de Mayo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Comfort Night !
California Cheeseburger - Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion & Mayo
on a Soft Kaiser... Yellow Squash Pizza Rounds... Air Fries.........

Burger & Fries 5-5-22.jpg

Viva Cinco de Mayo

We made grilled burgers ,grilled onions, campfire packet potatoes and Bush's baked beans. Dinner was served at the picnic table.

Two porterhouse pork chops seasoned with my all-purpose rub and cooked via sous vide and finished in a cast iron skillet, mashed potatoes and green beans.

IMG_0032.jpg

I made a supper salad and managed to use up some leftovers. The salad was green crisp lettuce, the tiny leaves from a tiny nub of Boston lettuce, rainbow chard, sorrel, daikon radish, carrot, scallions, and red bell pepper. The salad dressing was homemade ranch with blue cheese. The toppings were chicken leftover from tandoori chicken (& roasted bell peppers and sliced onions) and grilled chicken that went with a Caesar salad ordered earlier in the week. There was also crumbled feta, bacon pieces, pecans, and capers. I put out some wholewheat baguette, but we didn't get to it. Salads were assembled to taste, at the table.

Supper salad and the toppings.jpg Supper salad with chicken and feta.jpg

Wow, taxy, your salad makes me almost wish we had your supper. But I decided to do a proper Cinco de Mayo this year. We had tacos with fajita wraps to corral any escapees. Also had refried beans topped with cheese, and first-of-the-season Florida corn with tomatoes. Chased it all down with Mexican Mules - subbing Tequila for the vodka. I drank mine from an original Moscow Mule cup, a souvenir my Aunt brought home from L.A. when she drank one at the Cock and Bull restaurant. That mug is older than I am!

IMG_20220505_213956051_HDR.jpgIMG_20220505_214029082_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom