Thursday's Dinner - Sept 5, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well here goes nothing, lets see if I can post a thread.

Can't believe this isn't up yet!

Dinner tonight is cottage pie. Potatoes just got boiled and smashed in my new pot and the ground beef is simmering right now. I think I'm going to use garden green beans and wax beans in there. Salad to be named later. Anyone else cooking this scorcher of a day?

Edit: HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!!

Yay!! :clap:

Now, post a pic of your new pots and meal!

Last edited:
I think breakfast for dinner is more decadent.

I made a small kettle of Improved bbq sauce today, starting with a few glugs of Famous Dave's original and adding some garlic, grated ginger, minced onion, tiger sauce, worcester, 2 dollops of tart orange marmelade and a splash rice wine vinegar. Taste test says not bad, needs a little something to bring it into balance.

Baste this on some grilled wings and I will slice a zuke to throw on the fire too. Green beans. I think this could all be considered finger food tonight.

OK, trying to post a pic...

2013-09-05%2016.16.54.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-09-05 16.16.54.jpg
    2013-09-05 16.16.54.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 176
OK, trying to post a pic...

I can see one, got a connection error on the other, but am thinking the problem might be on my end. Yummy looking shepherd's pie, BTW.

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of those black X's cropping up lately.

I am having tacos for dinner tonight.

Yeah, a lot of those black X's cropping up lately.

I am having tacos for dinner tonight.

You'll have to check tonight and see if you can post a pic, Pac.

Thinking leftovers here.

Last edited:
You'll have to check tonight and see if you can post a pic, Pac.

Thinking leftovers here.

After five tries last night before it went through and nobody saying diddly I'll pass :LOL:
I'll hold off for the PPPC thread... or Scandinavian bread thread or whatever :angel:

Parts!

I have never been a big fan of whole roasted chicken.

I like to oven fry parts and barbeque halves.

Pretty silly, chicken is chicken no matter how ya slice it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I've never been a fan of carving a chicken and then taking care of the carcass after dinner (shredding and more carving). What a pain.
I don't think tying a few chicken pieces to a beer can qualifies as beer can chicken though :LOL: That's the only time I do the whole bird.

Andy that sounds delicious! I'm going to give it a go on Saturday night. We have guests coming.

There was a Cataplana recipe in the local paper I'm going to try out. In a dutch oven, not a actual cataplana pan. We shall see. A one-pot, hot-pot. If it turns out well I'll post a pic later.

There was a Cataplana recipe in the local paper I'm going to try out. In a dutch oven, not a actual cataplana pan. We shall see. A one-pot, hot-pot. If it turns out well I'll post a pic later.

Please do... I'm not familiar with this type of cooking. Or is it more a type of cuisine?

We had red beans & rice with Andouille sausage tonight. :yum:

Well here goes nothing, lets see if I can post a thread.

Can't believe this isn't up yet!

Dinner tonight is cottage pie.....

Yay Alix! Good work on the pic too. I'm still trying to remember to introduce my camera to my notebook...

We were actually going to have shephard's pie, aka cottage pie, today but it was pushed back at least one day because...yesterday's planned dinner became today's made dinner. We ended up going out to a new rib place with SIL and her hubby on Wednesday. (Himself had a sampler platter so we could bring leftovers home. I had the appetizer shrimp and cheesy grits...*groan* :yum: - no leftovers.)

We had seared large scallops. I put them on a bed of lightly sauteed spinach with sides of fresh asparagus and packaged wild rice blend.

Back
Top Bottom