Thursday's Dinner Thread 1/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pulled Pork BBQ over White Rice, Steamed Sprouts & Radishes, Cole Slaw....

Pork BBQ.jpg

I tried a new recipe today. It is for Caribbean shrimp. We had it with some leftover red beans and rice. The rice was good, the shrimp will not be invited for a return engagement.

Beef short ribs, mirepoix, merlot, beef stock. Seared then.cooked in a pressure cooker. Defatted the liquid by putting in refrigerator overnight, then warmed up and used the immersion blender to pulverize the mirepoix and thicken the gravy. Mashies and steamed broccoli and carrots. Mascarpone brownies for dessert.

Attachments

• 2021-01-28 19.26.52.jpg
    2021-01-28 19.26.52.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 51
Brass monkies are in and in spite of some sunshine, the weather dictates comfort food.

Put a nice piece of beast in the crock-pot, along with taters, onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Added some beef broth and red wine and let everyone get happy together.

Made a couple of loaves of French bread to have along and we finished our meal with some red velvet cupcakes I bought on discount at the market on Tuesday.

We were sated and there is enough left for an encore tomorrow.

Love it when that happens!

Leftovers here tonight. I had the rest of the Italian pasta dish we ordered on the weekend. DH had the rest of the tourtière with a can of Clark's baked beans.

Back
Top Bottom