Thursday's Dinner Thread - 12/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Still Soup, but a bit more substantial :

Roasted Vegetable Soup ...

Soup, Roasted Vegetable.jpg

hI, tAXLADY....

I did not follow any recipe ..
I had a bage of Veggies already prepped for roasting in the freezer, whicjh I oiled up and seasoned (S&P, Garlic Powder) and spread them on a Baking Sheet ...into a 450 oven 25 minutes......... Thawed some Beef stock, brought the two together on the stovetop in a heavy Sauce...........

Suffering thru the Flu all week, so I don't feel like investing too much time on food..........

Sure makes a nice Pic, tho .................

Last edited:
I hope you feel better soon LT.

We ordered burrito bowls. This time they put the salsas and sauces on the side, like we ask. Putting just the amount that we each want made for a significant improvement in the flavour of these. Mine was with ancho pork and DH's was with ground beef.

Tonight's dinner was a grilled cheeseburger with tomato, onion and salami. Chips and a beer made it all a complete meal.

More chicken and rice soup with buttered toast. It is quite cold here and windy yesterday. We lost electricity for the day, dh went for burgers and fries from some fast food place that did not lose electricity.

Himself had the leftovers from yesterday. I cleaned up the last of the yogurt with a few remaining raspberries, then opened up my emergency can of ravioli. Don't judge! [emoji38] It's a childhood food memory. Fridge is almost empty.

Stir fried string beans and tofu, and some low carb Ramen on the side .
(My wife actually made dinner. She actually found this recipe on her own, and initially cooked it all by herself. She does as good, if not a better job than I do. So, on my late nights when she is in charge of dinner, this is one of her go to dishes. She nails it every time.

Last night's dinner, Corned beef and potatoes (salad not in picture).

corned_beef_121621_IMG_9034.jpg

I was tired and uninspired last night, so we ordered pizza. I tried to order from our local pizza shop, but there was no answer, so I ordered Domino's.

A young couple recently reopened the shop after it closed last spring - the previous owner had health problems. Based on their social media posts, I think they're excited and trying to do too much too soon. I hope they haven't gotten too far ahead of themselves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom