Thursday's Fare 6/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
"Two Dog Night"
A- Chili - Cheese Dog... B.- Yellow Mustard & Relish
Air Fries, Skillet Corn, Cucumber Salad (Carried in)......

Dogs Two Ways.jpg

Last night, friend brought me over some nice looking tomatoes - something that I never buy, but he couldn't wait, and had to have "one of those things I make" with them. Today, I saw that Israeli feta in the fridge that I hadn't tried yet, so I made a favorite of mine, that he also likes - the lentil salad, with the tomatoes and feta, plus a lot of cilantro and garlic chives. The different thing I used in it was really good - some toasted whole oats. It got a little overcooked, but next time I'll know to put it in for less time at the end.

The tomatoes weren't bad, for store-bought, and he was surprised to hear me say that! :LOL:
Lentil salad by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Could a Mod please kill the thread I started for tonight's dinner? I got the date right but I called it Wednesday. [emoji849] Thanks.
https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107334

I marinated boneless chicken breasts in a lemon-oregano bath, then sauteed them in a bit of butter and olive oil. Made a pan sauce with the drippings, butter, and a little white wine. Also sauteed zucchini discs with my Greek seasoning blend, cooked up fresh green beans, and reheated the leftover butternut squash. We'll have the last of the cherry clafoutis I made a couple of days ago later.
IMG_20210603_202501955.jpg

I had ham and cheese on baguette, sliced the long way and then stuck under the broiler. It was sort of an open faced croque monsieur. DH had one, lone, leftover hot dog. Then he had a ham and cheese with lettuce and mustard, no trip under the broiler. We had the last of potato salad.

CG, I reported your thread. It's the fastest way to bring something to the attention of a moderator. I did explain.

Back
Top Bottom