Thursday's Kitchen Dance 10/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast for Dinner ;
Three-Egg Cheddar Omelet, topped with Lefty Creole' Sauce, Fried Sausage & Potatoes........

Omelet, Cheddar & Creole'.jpg

Creole shrimp and orzo with red bell, corn, onions, garlic, scallions, and a lime juice based vinaigrette.

Tonight's dinner was Lamb shish kebab marinated in onion and garlic, brown rice pilaf and grilled zucchini with Greek seasoning.

D428F6DE-B308-455C-8F04-CAE62AE3C76E_1_105_c.jpg

We ordered out from a new-to-us resto, Mandy's. I ordered a salad with hard boiled egg, bacon, and avocado. DH ordered a "bowl", which is basically a salad, but with quinoa or rice noodles instead of lettuce. He had his with quinoa, cheddar, feta, bacon, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It was pretty good, but a lot of food.

Looks good, sounds good guys!

Our friend from back home in Hawaii who is visiting with us for a couple of days has a small cottage industry business. He sells his style of Teriyaki chicken and he brought some up for us to grill for dinner.

IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_6472.jpg

I made the sides of Char Siu Fried Rice, My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee and fresh Corn on the Cob, AND I just so happened to have some Kona Brewing Co. Longboard Island Lager to wash everything down with.

:belch:
:blush:

Our friend was kind enough to also bring us some dessert that we'll all share later ;)

That looks yummy. Do you mind sharing your recipe for brown rice pilaf?

Melt 4 Tb of butter in a 2-quart saucepan.

Add 2 ounces of orzo or angel hair pasta broken into pieces. Sauté, stirring frequently, until the orzo is light brown and the butter has begun to brown.

Add 1 cup of rinsed and drained brown rice. Stir to coat the rice with the butter and sauté for a couple of minutes to drive off excess water.

Add 2.5 C of chicken (or other) broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.

Simmer for 45-55 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes.

Season to taste.

Melt 4 Tb of butter in a 2-quart saucepan.

Add 2 ounces of orzo or angel hair pasta broken into pieces. Sauté, stirring frequently, until the orzo is light brown and the butter has begun to brown.

Add 1 cup of rinsed and drained brown rice. Stir to coat the rice with the butter and sauté for a couple of minutes to drive off excess water.

Add 2.5 C of chicken (or other) broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.

Simmer for 45-55 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes.

Season to taste.

Thank you. I was imagining vegis in a pilaf would turn to mush before the rice was done. I'll give it a try.

Thank you. I was imagining vegis in a pilaf would turn to mush before the rice was done. I'll give it a try.
If you wanted to add veggies, you could do that shortly before the rice is done. Onion and garlic could cook for the whole time. It just depends on how you want your pilaf to be.

We had a "brown food tastes good!" dinner (in Anne Burrell's husky voice) last night [emoji38] Pan-seared pork chops seasoned with Penzeys Ozark seasoning and a quick pan gravy with apple cider, my homemade Dijon-style grainy mustard and half and half; homemade apple sauce with Penzeys Pie Spice; and pan-roasted potatoes with another Penzeys seasoning - I forgot what it was. I added a few dried cherries for color :ROFLMAO:
20201015_203325.jpg

If you wanted to add veggies, you could do that shortly before the rice is done. Onion and garlic could cook for the whole time. It just depends on how you want your pilaf to be.

I did have that thought. When I was a vegetarian I sometimes made a brown rice dish with onions and garlic, so I know they are fine for the entire cook time. I also used to add chopped up, dried fruit, dry herbs, and chili flakes. I may have added nuts or seeds. It wasn't wonderful, but it was okay and variety.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom