Thursday's Kitchen Effort - 1/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
A 'Bella Burger' .... Fried Hamburger under a Sautee'd Portobello Cap.... Mashed Spuds with Gravy... French-Cut Green Beans...

Burger under a 'Bella.jpg

LT, you're funny! We loss track of what day it is all the time during this, um, special time we're in ;)

IMG_5695.jpg
(file photo)
I found two grilled ground beef patties in the deep freeze,
so it's leftovers tonight!
Re-purposed to Hawaii-Style Hamburger Steak Plate Lunch :yum:
Patty, Rice, Gravy and Corn, classic! In Hawaii, you would get
2 scoop Rice and one scoop Mac Salad at a take-away/food truck
type of place, but in a sit down restaurant it's Corn instead of the
Mac Salad, still, a double carb :LOL:

*Cook's note: Food Trucks have been huge on Oahu for
as long as I can remember (and I'm not young anymore :stuart:).

We did a "sandwiches night". We actually made all the sandwiches open-faced on Danish style, heavy rye bread. There were various cold cuts, cold meatloaf, and cheeses. I also brought out some lettuce, sliced onions, pickles, and cold rødkål (to use as a garnish). That worked well. DH GMs a role playing game on Thursdays, so supper has to be eaten by 19h00, when the game starts. Obviously, for now, they are playing online, with some video conferencing that is specifically for role playing games.

Pot roast (chuck roast with beef broth, wine, mushrooms and onions), mashed potatoes, steamed baby spinach and gravy (pot jus and cream of mushroom soup).

potted_roast_012121_IMG_7647.jpg

Last edited:
In a pandemic, every day is Blursday.

We cleaned up leftovers. I had the last of the butternut squash soup, and the last small bit of pork tenderloin with some peas nuked from freezer inventory.
Pot roast...
That was what Himself finished up for his supper. My leftover pot roast, that is, not yours. :-p :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom