Time for Tuesday - 11/12/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a split second there Taxlady, I thought you were pining for roadkill! :ermm:

How about using a combination of smoked paprika and some chilli powder to give a little heat?

For a split second there Taxlady, I thought you were pining for roadkill! :ermm:

How about using a combination of smoked paprika and some chilli powder to give a little heat?
Lots of people see "rødkål" and think road kill. :LOL:

Well, Pac's actual variant was smoked paprika and cayenne. The original recipe just had regular paprika. I just often substitute hot paprika for sweet paprika. I don't find that paprika has a lot of flavour. Hmm, maybe if I bought the good paprika, the Hungarian one, it would have more flavour?

Why I love Google. I type in "rødkål" It replies back do you want only queries in English. I reply back, My Danish Grandmother would prefer otherwise, but Yes, I do. Bingo. It says Red Cabbage. I should type in what if I don't have any Cabbage and see what it says, but I'm suddenly afraid of what Modern Computers can do these days.

And Besides, I'd rather choose my own dinner. Which tonight is Clam Chowder. Made with Canned Clams. Potato, onion, bacon, and a pinch of dry thyme. Gonna be good. Skol.

Cold and snowing, made a pot of bean soup.

:whistlingBeans, beans the musical fruit:
The more you eat the more you toot!
The more you toot the better you feel,
So let's have beans for every meal!

:LOL:

It's snowing down in Carolina, Bea? I didn't realize this storm went so far south.

Tacos for me tonight, beef in a hard shell. No coupons for 35 cent tacos like Dawg had last night, so I'll have to make the expensive version :wacko:
I get to try out my new Penzeys taco seasoning though! :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's snowing down in Carolina, Bea? I didn't realize this storm went so far south.

Tacos for me tonight, beef in a hard shell. No coupons for 39 cent tacos like Dawg had last night, so I'll have to make the expensive version :wacko:
I get to try out my new Penzeys taco seasoning though! :chef:

Mount Pilot is a fictional place, I live in Syracuse! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Mount Pilot is a fictional place, I live in Syracuse! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Syracuse?! You're right here in NY? Sonofagun...
I thought you chose your handle because you lived near Mount Pilot like it says under your name :wacko::LOL:
And here you had me wondering a while back why Wegmans went down so far, too :LOL:

I think Papa John will be providing dinner tonight. I had to work today and am still cleaning up the house and doing wedding stuff (it's in 3 days!:shock:). I don't want to dirty up the kitchen again!

Homemade? Box? You jazzing it up any?
What kind of cheese? :)

Home made. But no jazzing! It's my birthday so I went very simple. I just boiled some macaroni and made my usual cheese sauce (with Davidstow cheddar). :)

What is "Box" Mac & Cheese?

Home made. But no jazzing! It's my birthday so I went very simple. I just boiled some macaroni and made my usual cheese sauce (with Davidstow cheddar). :)

What is "Box" Mac & Cheese?

Canadians call it "Kraft Dinner" I believe.
Everything comes in a box with powdered cheese, or *cheese-like product* anyway, that you add butter and milk, too :ermm:
Tasty enough and quick. The microwave popcorn of macaroni and cheese :LOL:
Something many of us grew up eating as kids but few will admit to.

"Box" mac 'n cheese is pre-made with a powdered or packaged cheese sauce

We have taco meat left over from last night, so we're going to make nachos with that, chopped garden tomatoes, pickled red onions, lettuce, cheddar cheese and salsa over corn tortilla chips.

Leftover Cuban black beans and Imperial black rice. It sorta looks like lumpy mud, but tastes good

Chili with the beans and garlic bread. I do'nt think chili is too bad without the beans, though. It's very cold outside tonight!

With love,
~Cat

Canadians call it "Kraft Dinner" I believe.
Everything comes in a box with powdered cheese, or *cheese-like product* anyway, that you add butter and milk, too :ermm:
Tasty enough and quick. The microwave popcorn of macaroni and cheese :LOL:
Something many of us grew up eating as kids but few will admit to.

I never had macaroni and cheese as a child. Didn't have it for the first time until I was well into my 30's. I like Stouffer's (frozen) much better than Kraft.

That's interesting, Andy. I don't recall having it (buying it) until my twenties. It stands to reason I probably had it earlier though. These convenient food items usually don't survive unless people are buying them.
If it's a tossup between frozen mac and cheese or boxed, I'll take the boxed variety I'm actually cooking and not heating through. I seem to be able to control it better. I like my mac and cheese a bit dryer than Stouffers.

We had the pot of pig (made with smoked paprika), boiled potatoes with butter, and a salad with a garlic vinaigrette. It turned out yummy. I just have to work on making more sauce.

20131112_192355.jpg

Back
Top Bottom