Today is Tuesday, you know what that means, we're gonna have...for dinner (1/24)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got some country style ribs (IMHO these are not really ribs) that will meet the heat in some fashion today.

It depends Joe.... The NAMPA (North American Meat Processor Association) and the IMPS (Institutional Meat Purchase Specifications) says that "Country Style Ribs shall include not less than three or more than six ribs from the blade end of a bone in pork loin...The chine bone bone shall be excluded by a cut which exposes the lean meat between the feather bones and the ribs"....and other technical meat cutting jargon. ~~ I sometimes see these in retail markets....Sometimes sold as 'boneless ribs' (oxymoron). ~~ Mostly what is sold/advertised as CS Ribs around me is sliced/stripped pork (Boston) butt...obviously not ribs.~~ In the Old days the "ribs" that were cut from the butt were labeled as 'Western Style Ribs' to differentiate between the two. ~~ A few independent retailers still label them as such here.

Tonight will be:

Tennessee Whiskey
"Bobby Cue" Schicken
Fried Rice...
Stir fry onions, zukes, and shrooms.
A couple of Musgoes....
Chocolate Ice Cream.....

Tonight will be:

Tennessee Whiskey
"Bobby Cue" Schicken
Fried Rice...
A couple of Musgoes....
Chocolate Ice Cream.....

UB, your meals always set me drooling. I want the rice and veggies right now. What are your musgoes tonight?

It depends Joe.... The NAMPA (North American Meat Processor Association) and the IMPS (Institutional Meat Purchase Specifications) says that "Country Style Ribs shall include not less than three or more than six ribs from the blade end of a bone in pork loin...The chine bone bone shall be excluded by a cut which exposes the lean meat between the feather bones and the ribs"....and other technical meat cutting jargon. ~~ I sometimes see these in retail markets....Sometimes sold as 'boneless ribs' (oxymoron). ~~ Mostly what is sold/advertised as CS Ribs around me is sliced/stripped pork (Boston) butt...obviously not ribs.~~ In the Old days the "ribs" that were cut from the butt were labeled as 'Western Style Ribs' to differentiate between the two. ~~ A few independent retailers still label them as such here.

Tonight will be:

Tennessee Whiskey
"Bobby Cue" Schicken
Fried Rice...
A couple of Musgoes....
Chocolate Ice Cream.....

Uncle Bob,

I saw a punch bowl this weekend and I thought of you!

On the side it said: " May you always have an eagle in your pocket, a turkey on your table and Old Crow in your glass! :LOL:

I am not sure if you drink Kentucky whiskey or not but, i liked the sentiment.

Going out for dinner tonight. Youngest daughter turns 16 today. Holy cow, where did the time go?
How?! She was just 9!!! Happy Birthday "M"!

I'm still not sure what we are having for supper, but I need to start it soon. I took ground beef out to defrost. Hmmm, I think I will just cook up some hamburger patties and serve it with Stovetop Stuffing and the last of our frozen pumpkin (I keep saying "the last" and then I find another deep in the freezer--I wonder if this is really the last?). :cool:

Uncle Bob,

I saw a punch bowl this weekend and I thought of you!

On the side it said: " May you always have an eagle in your pocket, a turkey on your table and Old Crow in your glass! :LOL:

I am not sure if you drink Kentucky whiskey or not but, i liked the sentiment.

:LOL:

Bourbon 95% of the time....but I do like to mix it up with George Dickel (Tennessee Whiskey) or a straight Rye on Occasion...Sometimes a Scotch. ~~ Old Dr. Crow made a big contribution to the Bourbon business with his "put back" (some of the old mash mixed with the new) method. Sadly the bourbon that carries his name today is pure "swill"

Tonight is steak but the rest of the month will probably be digging from the freezer since my husband just got laid off from his job :(

Meat loaf, rice, and peas. The meat loaf is smelling very good right now and I need to get off the computer and get the rice going!

Alix - happy birthday to your baby! They do tend to grow up fast don't they? I still have a hard time remembering mine all all in their 20's now!

Lemon-Chicken Schnitzel with Roasted lemon Potatoes and a wedge of iceberg lettuce with fresh sriracha hot sauce ranch dressing(with homemade garlic mayo)

... grilled chicken fettuccine alfredo. Still not sure if I'll add broccoli or cauliflower to it. I have both.

We had a change of plans after having a late lunch. We were not that hungry at dinner time so we had a snack. Saving the fettuccine for tomorrow.

I splashed 3 of my fingers with boiling oil while I was cooking dinner. It's been hours and they are still burning. It figures because I am starting training for a new job tomorrow!! How can I make it stop burning?

Heres dinner. It was going to be parmesan but ............

Breaded chicken breast and steamed fresh broccoli

img_1100076_0_85f3f162fb14b06acf0e206fe4240539.jpg

msmofet said:
I splashed 3 of my fingers with boiling oil while I was cooking dinner. It's been hours and they are still burning. It figures because I am starting training for a new job tomorrow!! How can I make it stop burning?

Heres dinner. It was going to be parmesan but ............

Breaded chicken breast and steamed fresh broccoli

Oh, MM! Do you have any aloe gel?

Dinner still looks great!

Back
Top Bottom