Today is Tuesday, you know what that means, we're gonna have...for dinner (1/24)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the beef pot pie. Made with leftover pot roast.

34427-albums827-picture4456.jpg

I made home fried potatoes and pan carmelized frozen corn served alongiside previously made frozen meatballs dipped in bbq sauce. Pretty easy.

msmofet said:
I splashed 3 of my fingers with boiling oil while I was cooking dinner. It's been hours and they are still burning. It figures because I am starting training for a new job tomorrow!! How can I make it stop burning?

Heres dinner. It was going to be parmesan but ............

Breaded chicken breast and steamed fresh broccoli

Oh sweetie, put your fingers in a glass of cold water and put your feet up! So sorry you burned yourself!

Oh sweetie, put your fingers in a glass of cold water and put your feet up! So sorry you burned yourself!
Thank you chopper. I have a bag of cold water on my fingers and I am going to try to go to sleep.

I splashed 3 of my fingers with boiling oil while I was cooking dinner. It's been hours and they are still burning. It figures because I am starting training for a new job tomorrow!! How can I make it stop burning?

I burn myself often. If it is still burning after several hours, this is what I do:

Make up some physiological saline. That's about 9 grams of salt in a litre or quart. Or mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of water. If the skin is broken, be sure that you boil the water and cool it before using it.

I dip some paper towels in the saline and wrap them around my burn, making sure that there is plenty of saline. Then I put a plastic bag over the my hand and the wet paper towels and tape it in place. Every time I have done this it has been nearly healed by morning.

Merlot said:
Tonight is steak but the rest of the month will probably be digging from the freezer since my husband just got laid off from his job :(

:( Hope DH gets back on his feet soon, Merlot.

I burn myself often. If it is still burning after several hours, this is what I do:

Make up some physiological saline. That's about 9 grams of salt in a litre or quart. Or mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of water. If the skin is broken, be sure that you boil the water and cool it before using it.

I dip some paper towels in the saline and wrap them around my burn, making sure that there is plenty of saline. Then I put a plastic bag over the my hand and the wet paper towels and tape it in place. Every time I have done this it has been nearly healed by morning.
I didn't see this till this morning. Next time I will try this.

My burned fingers feel a bit better but I have a blister on one knuckle. I am afraid it will break and hurt like crazy.

Found Chilean Sea Bass on sale (still not affordable, but what the heck!)

I love this fish; just can't have it that often $$$

img_1100313_0_35a71f747e243d0e7463af63027d1e4c.jpg

img_1100313_1_bb7512561530f4d8e2baa183635a4cb6.jpg

img_1100313_2_7cbb2c5e0cf2a0c2894735aa8cb52a82.jpg

Back
Top Bottom