Today, the 20th of August 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
My version of a Philly steak sandwich, Flank stk., mushroom, onion, spinach & Swiss.
39817-albums888-picture6016.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks yummy S & P.

For supper we had a sort of carbonara and a salad. It tastes better when we haven't had it in a while.

Nathan's dinner franks (basically sausage sized) cooked in homemade sauerkraut cooked with bacon and onions and sage-butter spaetzle.

Nice nice, S&P!

I had similar, without the flank steak and other stuff. OK, a grilled cheese.

At SO's request, made her an Italian sausage burger. Made mine half and half with ground beef. Ranch potato salad and beer.

We had a grilled pork tenderloin marinated overnite in NOH Chinese Char Siu, along with grilled asparagus and artichokes cooked on the grill side burner. It was nice to not heat up the kitchen and enjoy being alone outside with my music, my wine and my book.

We are having pasta and meat sauce and salad. No frills at my house. This week already seems a day too long.

Himself's sister came over for a cookout tonight while her hubby was en-route home from Cincinnati via Newark NJ. He wouldn't be home before midnight. I had marinated boneless pork chops, seasoned chicken breasts, zucchini in a balsamic dressing, and fresh corn on the cob. Himself had the corn on the grill first so I could cut it off the cob while he grilled the rest. Corn side-by-side, burners started up...and *pft*. We ran out of propane. :( Packed everything up and headed up the street to their house since they had propane.

Himself is out shopping for propane tomorrow, along with a gauge to mount on the tank so we know when we're getting low...

Himself's sister came over for a cookout tonight while her hubby was en-route home from Cincinnati via Newark NJ. He wouldn't be home before midnight. I had marinated boneless pork chops, seasoned chicken breasts, zucchini in a balsamic dressing, and fresh corn on the cob. Himself had the corn on the grill first so I could cut it off the cob while he grilled the rest. Corn side-by-side, burners started up...and *pft*. We ran out of propane. :( Packed everything up and headed up the street to their house since they had propane.

Himself is out shopping for propane tomorrow, along with a gauge to mount on the tank so we know when we're getting low...

CG, the last time we ran out of propane for the grill was the last time.

We bought an extra tank for stand by and when one runs out it's ready to go. It made me nervous to trust a gage and wonder if we really had enough for a long cook. Works for us, as I grill a lot.

We bought an extra tank for stand by and when one runs out it's ready to go. It made me nervous to trust a gage and wonder if we really had enough for a long cook. Works for us, as I grill a lot.
We haven't run out of our first tank, but it worries me. So, we plan on getting a second tank. I never even thought of buying a gauge.

We haven't run out of our first tank, but it worries me. So, we plan on getting a second tank. I never even thought of buying a gauge.

Having a second tank doesn't ensure you will always have gas on hand. You have to fill the empty as soon as you connect the backup tank. Don't ask me how I know.

Having a second tank doesn't ensure you will always have gas on hand. You have to fill the empty as soon as you connect the backup tank. Don't ask me how I know.

Well, yeah...:LOL: Steve never sets down the empty tank....it goes right into the front seat of his car for the next time he drives it.

Last edited:

We used to have two tanks, but one aged out. We've been lucky (so far) not running out with the one tank, waiting to get back to OH before we buy a new grill and a second tank. The SIL's gauge has been very reliable so we'll go with that for now. It will be much lighter to pack and move. After costing us thousands and thousands of dollars (tens of thousands when you consider the entire cost incurred because of our move) to go from OH to MA I'm becoming more and more cognizant of the answers I'm giving myself to the question "how important IS this item in your life?" :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom