Today's dinner, Monday 29th October 07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Southern Fried pork chops (it`s like the chicken idea without it), with "corn bread" and a large bowl of salad each.

We had beef and guiness sausages with potato and egg salad, coleslaw, tomatoes, beetroot, cheese, bread, mustard and tomato sauce. All followed with a piece of Swiss roll and coffee. Very tasty and satisfying.

We'll be having the Philly Cheesesteak sandwhiches we didn't have yesterday. A big salad, and White Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding.

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and a vegetable and maybe garlic cheese bread.

Have some leftover pork carnitas and will make some enchiladas, have some rice, and a chopped green salad...a chocolate pie for dessert with whipped cream topping..

kadesma:)

Chicken Satay.

I was shown a local Chinese food distributer / wholesaler yesterday that also sells to the public (no need to buy bulk either).

Wow, what a fantastic place! It's literally on my doorstep and I never knew about it.

There was just tons and tons of different stuff from the orient, including rows of freezers with outlandishly cheap frozen food.

The best bit, however, was the fresh produce section where I've never seen fish so fresh. So fresh in fact, it was still swimming around. Lobsters, Catfish, Crayfish, Squid, Crabs, Mussels - all swimming around in huge tanks. You picked what you want and they fish it out.

They also had a large array of just cooked meats like belly pork, duck, suckling pig etc. I couldn't resist and had slice of belly pork there and then.

Anyway - I came away with some ingredients and other bits-n-bobs and tonight I'm making chicken satay :)

Ragallion be VERY careful!

it would only take me 45 mins on a train to get your house! however I would bring my own chop-sticks :)

I think we are doing backstraps from the deer my daughter shot, not sure what else, maybe nothing, everyone seems to want to fill up on the backstraps.

I am baking a ham. Not sure about sides but leaning towards scalloped potatoes and butternut squash.

gonna be leftovers of chix and stuffing, peas. still got some gravy. and there will be some left over for sandwiches also.

Roast chicken really is a wonderful thing...can be fancy or just down home comfort food or both!

this week it is corn chowder, made almost two gallons :wacko:of the stuff over the weekend, with lotsa home grown vegetables, and N Y Times bread. Made the bread with 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup rye, turned out nice:cool:

got a sack of mashed potatoes in a vaccuum bag in the frig
will make a batch of chicken gravey
took a big slice of chix pot pie out of frig
so the gravy will go over the pot pie slice and the pots on the side

that's for the man

me, I'll attempt Campbells chicken with rice soup and a vernors ginger ale

I'm having a Swiss mushroom burger I might grill some onions to go with....
Paul's having a burger with bacon, Swiss, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and dill pickles.

Swiss steak, potatoes, and veggie. Brownie for dessert. Right now if I had to choose between the Swiss steak and the brownie, I would definitely choose the Swiss steak! Last week it might have been another story, but I am in a definite meat, potatoes, and gravy mood tonight!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom