Today's Dinner! Sat Oct 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis said:
ooh, appetizers! Thanks for reminding me I have clams for appys, Rock. I had completely forgotten about them.

I just turned the oven off on this baby. Prior to that it came up to room temp (53F after sitting out all day anyway) and was slathered with butter, pepper and provencal herbs, then a generous layer of salt applied, then tossed in the oven at 500F for 18 minutes. The twice baked are in the fridge waiting their cue and I've got about an hour to do nothing but wait, and steam some clams :chef: and drink some beer :mrgreen:

PAC, when you say "generous layer of salt" do mean you are salting the meat or encasing in salt? I cook prime rib encased so was just wondering about your method?

I have no idea, Some Bun.
The recipe says twice as much as you would think, so I keep it between a decent amount and what I would use for dry brining. It seems to work out.

My appys.
Is there anything better than eating right out of the pot, over newspaper, with microwaved butter? :LOL:

Attachments

• clams1.jpg
    clams1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 178
  • clams2.jpg
    clams2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 177
Yum. Clams. And butter. And oysters. And appetizers.

We finished up the pot roast, with more mashed and corn. Still have some corn, gravy, and mashed left which will become as one.

Leftover leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Last edited:
I read several recipes and came up with my own version of Tuscan Vegetable Soup. It was pretty good. Needs salt which I am not supposed to have.
View attachment 12297

Last edited:
PattY1 said:
I read several recipes and came up with my own version of Tuscan Vegetable Soup. It was pretty good. Needs salt which I am not supposed to have.

Looks good, Patty! Is that grated parm on top?

Late to this thread as usual. Tonight I made Blanquette de Veau. It was (politely) bland. But the veal was deliciously tender. Bought a veal breast for cheap, and needed to use.

The new rule around here, is whatever I pull out of the freezer in the morning is what were having that night.....

I made a butter chicken for my wife and motherinlaw.

I make it from scratch and although it is a bit of work, it is always worth it. mmmmmmmmmm:LOL:

gabagoo said:
I made a butter chicken for my wife and motherinlaw.

I make it from scratch and although it is a bit of work, it is always worth it. mmmmmmmmmm:LOL:

What is a butter chicken? Anything with butter and chicken sounds really good!

Dawgluver said:
What is a butter chicken? Anything with butter and chicken sounds really good!

Ooh! I'm hoping it's "Indian Butter Chicken" and that we get the recipe. I've never had it but hear it is yummy!

Here is my ham and beans dinner. I added a bit of red cabbage about an hour or so before serving. That's Nobilo Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc to go with.

385917_10150371644259004_598294003_8197112_804480412_n.jpg

Hammster said:
Here is my ham and beans dinner. I added a bit of red cabbage about an hour or so before serving. That's Nobilo Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc to go with.

Very very nice, Hammster!

No need to subscribe to Food and Wine mag!

385917_10150371644259004_598294003_8197112_804480412_n.jpg
YUMMMO.. great dinner for cool night.. really warming! I would get myself a big mug of that, a slice of that crusty bread with the wine and sit by the fireplace!

oh man, pac, you're killing me. the clams look great, and that is a beautiful hunk o' cow.

hammster, your ham and beans looks delicious. and the picture looks like it's out of a magazine. nice job!

since i had to go out to shovel and clean off the cars (yes, snow in october!!!) i took a quick ride down the block and picked up pizza, an eggplant parm hero, and a veal and peppers hero.

Lemon/white wine chicken breasts with lots of spices and herbs, with roasted spiced potatoes, and steamed broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom