Today's dinner, Tuesday 30 Oct 07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight is super casual - salami, ham, cheese, beetroot, tomatoes, potato salad and coleslaw, with fresh bread. Too tired to care tonight. We just started daylight savings on Sunday and the body clock is yet to adjust. (I tend to live by the sun, not the clock!)

Tonight I am making Debbie's pork loin recipe, but using country style ribs, noodles (for the gravy), green beans and cornbread.
Son just called, so he and my two grandsons will be with us !!

Last edited:
tonight is my company's service awards dinner, at the marriot marquis in times square.

gotta rush home, get into a monkey suit and get back in tonight. can't wait to pig out and drink like a lush. :pig: :stuart:

It's my Tuesday dinner night out with friends - tonight we're going to a new Brazilian restaurant. DH is having steak n' potatoes.

Edited to say: The Brazilian place is too expensive - a prix fixe menu at $34.95 for all you can eat salad bar and 17 kinds of meats that they apparently bring around on skewers and you pick what you want. That's a lot for a weeknight dinner, but maybe we'll try it for lunch or a special occasion. So we're doing Thai tonight.

Last edited:
Everybody's standard "sick foods":
Chicken and rice soup for me
Cereal for DH
DD's the weird one--all she's been wanting is cheese ravioli with marinara, corn bread, peas, and strawberry ice cream!:LOL:

fresh beef sausages, BBQ beans and the rest of that corn bread I made with melted cheese on top.

I just took some venison pasta out of the freezer.
Garlic bread and sliced tomatoes to go with.

Lamb chops. Probably with crushed, herby pots and a huge bag of spinach.

I also have 1 single fillet of trout that I'm looking for inspiration on what to do with it! Might just lightly fry it with some pancetta and have it as a starter.

Stuffed peppers,roasted potatoes,and brussel sprouts,green salad and beer bread..Oatmeal chocolate chip,walnut cookies and ice cream

kadesma;)

bout half way through the corn chowder, some more NY Times bread....and tonight we get dessert; chocolate cake with chocolate icing and Breyers vanilla ice cream.:rolleyes:

oh, and I picked up a bottle of whisky last weekend, some laphroaig SINGLE CASK STRENGTH ......... whoa:LOL:

A roast chicken, sour cream mashed potatoes, green beans and buttery rolls. DH is coming down with a cold, so comfort food here, hope he still has some appetite left.

I have an upset stomach (have had it since last night) and would love some cream of mushroom, cream of tomato, or chicken (not cream of!) soup, but since I don't have any of those (nor the energy to make home-made chicken soup), I will probably have beef or chicken ramen when I get the energy to fix it. I'll probably add some mixed vegetables to it, and of course Tabasco, as always. (I know, I know--but that doesn't bother my stomach, so I will still add it!)

:)Barbara

Frozen batter dipped fish
Frozen hash browns
Canned green beans

It's been a long day.

I've changed my mind at least 3 times today, so it's now "poop or get off the pot time." The light bulb went on and we're having fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and buttered peas. Yeah! Looooooooooooove fried chicken! Why didn't I think of that earlier?

I made a homemade pizza. I tried to form the crust by hand but had to resort to a rolling pin. It was a plain flour crust made thick that came out absolutely fantastic. The toppings were mozzarella and mild chedder, tomato sauce, feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and mashed turkey sausage.

Desert was a rum cake with fruit on top.

Back
Top Bottom