Tonight's main meal? Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soma

Senior Cook
I bought a 2-pound slab of sirloin steak from a butcher shop;was going to make a Moroccan beef stew with it, but there's no fat on it, hardly any. So it would be tough stew, right?
maybe Swiss steak in the oven? still too tough?

or, maybe I'll simply sliver it and make a stir fry in wok, with onions, peppers, mushrooms....serve over rice.

I sure do love playing with Moroccan spice blends though.....

what are you making?

Hi Fiona!....I've been off the food forum for many months, depressed about this cardiovascular disease which threatens to clog every artery .....so not been interested in cooking, nor eating. Lost almost 20 pounds (only, cuz I hate diets).
Walking a plenty, daily.....actually beginning to like it (after 9 months of doing it). Hard to keep up with a long-legged hubby.

So.....no ideas for my slab o' beef?

Would you stew a beef with no fat on it?

Hi Fiona!....I've been off the food forum for many months, depressed about this cardiovascular disease which threatens to clog every artery .....so not been interested in cooking, nor eating. Lost almost 20 pounds (only, cuz I hate diets).
Walking a plenty, daily.....actually beginning to like it (after 9 months of doing it). Hard to keep up with a long-legged hubby.

So.....no ideas for my slab o' beef?

Would you stew a beef with no fat on it?

It's good to see you back! I certainly understand the frustration of cardiovascular disease. I was finally told that my cholesterol levels are familial, I'm not going to be able to reduce them by diet or exercise. Just more pills. AARGH!!

As for the slab o' beef, I'm thinking a slow braise in your choice of spices would be the way to go. Swiss Steak style, but with your Moroccan spices, if you include tomatoes the acidity (or any acidic ingredient, maybe orange juice?) should tenderize the meat.

Mrs. K is off in London for work this week, so it's just me and the dogs here. I've spent the last three days finishing up leftovers, so tonight I may just head over to my favorite Thai restaurant and have some fresh food.

The dogs will probably not be joining me. ;)

The larder is fairly bare around here. Looks like folks decimated the place while I was away. I've got a cute little chicken I think I'll roast. The sides are TBA after I shop!

Today was Teriyaki Tuesday - with grilled Salmon that had been marinating in Teriyaki sauce most of the day. That was served with rice, peas and broccoli - all cooked together and doused with a few more shakes of Teriyaki sauce and a little lemon juice.

Leftover Cuban pork roast, homemade sour orange mojo, blackbeans and rice and an avacado/red onion salad. Our tree is starting to drop fruit without the squirrels help.

It's only 8a.m. so I may still change my mind by the time I get done at work but I'm feeling the need for a nice burger. Probably lamb. Oven fries or tots and a nice big salad.

keeping it nice & simple tonight..had some mussels & other bits & pieces left over from last night that needed using up so:
moules frites...mussels & chips with garlic mayo.muscadet colder than a yeti's arse!!

Attachments

• MOULES FRITS 004.jpg
    MOULES FRITS 004.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 150
  • MOULES FRITS 006.JPG
    MOULES FRITS 006.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 135
  • MOULES FRITS 007.JPG
    MOULES FRITS 007.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 182
  • MOULES FRITS 008.JPG
    MOULES FRITS 008.JPG