Tonight's Meal, What's the Deal? Tues. 2/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm defrosting some BS chicken breasts to make chicken with pickled peppers and Kalamata olives.

Beef enchiladas! I chopped up a leftover English roast and mixed it with minced, sauteed onions and a cheese blend I bought from Kroger this morning.

I'm waiting for the oil to heat up to so I can soften the corn tortillas and roll 'em up!

This is one of those days where I just feel like spending hours on a relatively simple recipe. :cool:

James found a good deal on some nice looking Chuck eye steaks, so we will be having them tonight, along with baked potatoes with sour cream, and a vegetable (possibly corn on the cob). :yum:

Cranberry soup beans cooked with onion, celery, chunk of leftover Christmas ham from the freezer. Chopped fresh onion on top when served. I think I need to bake some cornbread and get out the butter to warm.

Pork loin in honey/garlic/soy sauce, small red potatoes, broccoli. For dessert: apple pie I made yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:
roast pork loin, mashed spuds, garlic sauteed broccoli.

i finally got the corned beef and turkey thighs/legs in the smoker that i was supposed to do over the weekend, so i'll be running outside every half hour or so to check the temps and apple and hickory wood supply. it's breezy out today.

Last edited:
image-2804916245.jpg

Meatballs are ready to go into the sauce. Spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread and salad tonight.

Well, the night we were going to have butternut squash soup got changed to stuffed spaghetti squash. We transformed an Italian recipe into a creole dish by subbing andouille for the sausage, trinity for the veg and a small can of tomato sauce. That turned out great. So, tonight it is the butternut soup with cumin flat bread.

Tonight I am making beanies and wienies...

Using our hot dogs we made on the weekend.

Here's a firehouse recipe to consider:

Make your beans and wienies the way you like and pour them into a 13x9 pan.

Mix up one box of cornbread mix and pour the batter over the beans and wienies then bake according to the box.

It's oh so good!

Here's a firehouse recipe to consider:

Make your beans and wienies the way you like and pour them into a 13x9 pan.

Mix up one box of cornbread mix and pour the batter over the beans and wienies then bake according to the box.

It's oh so good!

It sounds good but the beanies and wienies can be a sacred dish... with Kathleen. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom