Trader Joe's Food Finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to come and find this thread and add to it. I've gotten to know trader joes better than when this thread first appeared. I just had to share the new things I've found.

They have these, they look like minature ice cube trays, full of garlic. It has already been diced up and each square is a clove of garlic. They are in the frozen section by the veggies. It is so handy to just pop out a couple squares and save your self a lot of time. They also have basil. I use that quite often too. I add it to scrambled eggs, pasta dishes or whatever catches my fancy. There is cilantro too but I havent tried that yet.

The pasta sauces are good. We like the 3 cheese one. Kinda creamy.
Dh like these little frozen chicken tacos.
The choc crossiants that toots recommended are great!
I've also tried the peppermint cheescake. It wasn't over minty, like I thought it could be.
Salsa
deli meats
boursin cheese is cheap. We go through that cheese like its butter.

I had to come and find this thread and add to it. I've gotten to know trader joes better than when this thread first appeared. I just had to share the new things I've found.

They have these, they look like minature ice cube trays, full of garlic. It has already been diced up and each square is a clove of garlic. They are in the frozen section by the veggies. It is so handy to just pop out a couple squares and save your self a lot of time. They also have basil. I use that quite often too. I add it to scrambled eggs, pasta dishes or whatever catches my fancy. There is cilantro too but I havent tried that yet.

The pasta sauces are good. We like the 3 cheese one. Kinda creamy.
Dh like these little frozen chicken tacos.
The choc crossiants that toots recommended are great!
I've also tried the peppermint cheescake. It wasn't over minty, like I thought it could be.
Salsa
deli meats
boursin cheese is cheap. We go through that cheese like its butter.
Love those little trays of garlic, basil and cilantro..Found them about a year ago and just can't do without them..Just picked up some great evoo,and a loaf of sourdough seeded french bread..The frozen goodies are fantastic..I've never gotten something we didn't like..Great place to shop.
kadesma;)

Their parmeggiano cheese is excellent in quality and price, inexpensive wine from Argentina, Chile, Germany (Sekt), Spain (Cava) and France. French butter and USA made mascarpone cheese is also great. They have light coconut milk and palm hearts at great prices and their cereal is also very good (honey nuts O's) and they have sopressata (Italian salami) that is a great addition to home made red sauce.
I really like that store.

No Trader Joes around here, either. I'd love to be able to browse through one. Probably spend my kids' inheritance there, though.

The only thing I'll go out of my way for are theri nuts and their wine.

Wine -- particularly their $3.99 Vino Verde.

So, Jennyema, am I to believe you would go out of your way for a $4.00 bottle of green wine? :w00t2: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited:
christmas eve dinner

i did an all little snacks, one christmas eve. almost all the stuff i bought at trader joes. dips , mini tacos, stuffed mushrooms, fried eggplant etc. all in the frozen food section.

babe:ermm::ermm:

I'm there every week. They are great. Everytime I'm there they have a food & beverage demo. I buy so much there, let me think:
nuts, organic raisins, dried cranberries, organic bananas, baby beets, apples, kiwi, turkey breast luncheon meat (w/o additives), soups, sparkling limeade, wheat free crackers, gluten free ginger snaps, frozen fruits (for smoothies), frozen potato patties, canned beans, rice pasta, marinara sauce, pizza crust and sauce, salsa and chips, soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, tea, cane sugar, kalamata olives, black olives, and probably much more....

I've never been to Trader Joes. I believe there is one north of Cincinnati, so maybe I need to check it out.

From what you all are posting it would be worth the drive?

always great food at TJ's but what I really love are the sugar and salt body scrubs with scented oils. They make you feel like you've been to an expensive spa. and they are so inexpensive.

Trader Joe's Arrabbiatta Pasta Sauce

Oh. My. God. Is this stuff GREAT (assuming you like hot spicy food).

Every Xmas my husband gives me a couple of big shopping bag's worth of Trader Joe's stuff to try - old favorites & new stuff. Well, tonight I tried the Trader Joe's "Arrabbiatta" pasta sauce, & this is the hottest, spiciest, jarred pasta sauce I have EVER tasted. I cooked up a pound of baby calamari in it & served it over linguini. Normally I add extra garlic & crushed red pepper flakes to jarred sauces, but boy, am I glad I didn't this time. Also glad I tasted it before even thinking of adding anything. Talk about a sinus-clearing experience.

Have already informed hubby (since he has a Trader Joe's near his office), that I expect him to stop buy & pick me up some more - especially since Trader Joe's stuff changes/disappears frequently.

We don't have a TJ's up here in NJ that I know of. We do have a grocery store called Wegmans that has a lot of cool things, specialty items, etc. that I can't find anywhere else.

I personally go to TJ's for:
cheeses of all various types (I've got an addiction methinks!)
organic milk (no RBST please!)
dark chocolate almonds
roasted red pepper soup
gyoza (pot stickers, I usually make my own dipping sauce)
frozen soybeans
various wines
ginger chews (they're strong, but oh so good!)
turkey/beef jerky
pita chips
kettle potato chips (salt & pepper is my personal favorite!)
Jamaican ginger beer (it's a stronger ginger ale)
bread - naan, foccacia, pita
and Nature's Path hemp plus cereal

Trader Joe's Arrabbiatta Pasta Sauce

Oh. My. God. Is this stuff GREAT (assuming you like hot spicy food).

Every Xmas my husband gives me a couple of big shopping bag's worth of Trader Joe's stuff to try - old favorites & new stuff. Well, tonight I tried the Trader Joe's "Arrabbiatta" pasta sauce, & this is the hottest, spiciest, jarred pasta sauce I have EVER tasted. I cooked up a pound of baby calamari in it & served it over linguini. Normally I add extra garlic & crushed red pepper flakes to jarred sauces, but boy, am I glad I didn't this time. Also glad I tasted it before even thinking of adding anything. Talk about a sinus-clearing experience.

Have already informed hubby (since he has a Trader Joe's near his office), that I expect him to stop buy & pick me up some more - especially since Trader Joe's stuff changes/disappears frequently.

I have to agree that if you like hot spicy foods Arrabiatta is one great sauce. I never tried bottled sauce since I make my own but it is one of my favorite sauces.

I've never been to Trader Joes. I believe there is one north of Cincinnati, so maybe I need to check it out.

From what you all are posting it would be worth the drive?

I also live in NKY and I drive up to the Trader Joes in Kenwood all the time. Its across from the mall. I think it is worth checking out, especially if you can combine it with other errands in that general area (like lunch at the Cheesecake Factory - :rolleyes:)

I have a new favorite TJ find. Earlier this week I picked up the little ice cube like trays of crushed garlic and basil in the frozen section. I remember several of you mentioned these but I kept forgeting cuz i rarely navigate down the frozen food isle.

No Trader Joe's around here, either ... but I've got both a Whole Foods and a Central Market (I prefer the latter).
I have a Central Market a couple of blocks from my house and a Whole Foods 4 miles away but I would love to have a Trader Joe's. My Central Market seems really small and has a very limited selection of the staples I buy. Are some of them bigger? (I should ask my daughter who is an HEB Exec but it's a touchy subject. She feels personally insulted if I shop anywhere but HEB.)

Back
Top Bottom