Trader Joe's Near You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
This is their web site and there are listed several new stores just opening and some to come. Just thought someone would like this. For those who have never been to a store, the 'Fearless Flyer' is their mailing brochure of new products.

http://traderjoes.com/

Yes PDS I would not know what to do without them, I do 75 percent of my shopping there, and the balance at a small chain that is a northwestern organization of organic foods.

No way! I didn't know we had a TJ's in Columbus! The Easton location is only a 15 minute drive from here. Thanks for the post, Norge! 8) Most of the supermarkets around here are embarrassingly inadequate.

DampCharcoal said:
No way! I didn't know we had a TJ's in Columbus! The Easton location is only a 15 minute drive from here. Thanks for the post, Norge! 8) Most of the supermarkets around here are embarrassingly inadequate.

you are welcome, DC, you will absolutely love it, especially the prices. Columbus is rather large city, I would recommend that you go during the week, if you can, as they can get crowded on the week-ends. Do not forget to look for their 2 buck chuck wine bargain, aka Charles Shaw wine, excellent and $1.99 here in Oregon $2.99, state owns liquor commission. Let me know, you can spend an entire day there looking for good products and very unusual ones. Sound like a commercial don't I.

:roll: Alas, no TJ in Hawaii. I have to go all the way to Vegas to shop TJs. Isn't that terrible? ;)

LOL! Nothing wrong with hyping something you like! Unfortunately, "Easton" as it's called is a new, town-sized shopping area (built to look like a small town, with pedestrian thoroughfares and what-not) that is ALWAYS busy. It's also located at near the Morse Rd.-270 interchange that is notorious for traffic back ups. I will gladly brave the congestion if TJ's is all that you say it is! 8)

DampCharcoal said:
LOL! Nothing wrong with hyping something you like! Unfortunately, "Easton" as it's called is a new, town-sized shopping area (built to look like a small town, with pedestrian thoroughfares and what-not) that is ALWAYS busy. It's also located at near the Morse Rd.-270 interchange that is notorious for traffic back ups. I will gladly brave the congestion if TJ's is all that you say it is! 8)

What is even nicer, there is an employee at a little cooking area with coffee (free to shoppers) demonstrating various new items for you to snack on. Always like going there, they even have flowers and plants, candles and pet food.

DampCharcoal said:
Norge, if they have fresh seafood I will be ecstatic! The most exotic thing our Kroger has is imitation crabmeat. :evil:

THey have some fresh and packaged by them, and some from all over the world in the freezer. They even have buffalo and I do not think they ahve imitation crabmeat, but never looked. The locak fish is fresh, other stuff is frozen as a matter of practicality. Their cheese selection is awesome, and they have packages of fresh pizza dough they make in regular, whole wheat and seasoned. You merely take it home, knead a few times, finish with your favorite toppings, put on a corn meal covered pizza stone adn wallah. I have made caldones out of it, great stuff. Even have sushi fresh made, sandwiches and salads as well. I could spend the rest of the day telling you, but due to geographical differences, your TJ's may have different things, fresh that is. Let me know what you think after you go.

I love this store and I am constantly amazed by their prices. Stores always brag that they have good deals, but this is one place that actually takes it seriously and it shows.

You won't be sorry. One of my favorite things to buy there is extra virgin olive oil. I LOVE their evoo. They have a number of different brands, but I like the Santini EVOO. I can get a bottle that is 16.9 ounces for $3.29. it is one of the best tasting olive oils I have had and I have tried quite a few. I can't say enough about this stuff.

Their prices are amazing and the quality of their food is even better. It would seem that the prices would be higher than usual because the quality so so good, but they are not. I love all their frozen foods too. They have a lot of Indian and Italian and Mexican frozen food. Such a nice change of pace from the frozen pizzas and stuff like that at the supermarket.

GB said:
I love this store and I am constantly amazed by their prices. Stores always brag that they have good deals, but this is one place that actually takes it seriously and it shows.

GB I bought one of their new items under their label, Sante Fe cooking sauce. WOW is it great. if they have it at yours get it. I used it last night (I am going to see the manager at mine to teach his food demonstrators how I made it so they can serve it in the store). Took a chicken breast and pounded it with a meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick. I put in cooked brown rice, black beans, bermuda onions, grated cheddar and jack and some of the sauce. Then rolled up the chicken breast like it was a tortilla for a burrito and placed it, seam side down, in a baking pan with some of the sauce in the bottom, poured more sauce over top, added grated cheese to the top and baked. Then added more cheese, and garnished with a dollop (sorry), sliced black olives, avacado, and served with buttered warm corn tortillas. WOW that sauce is the greatest.

norgeskog that sounds delicious! I will have to look for that sauce next time I am there. I think the way your prepared it is a great idea.

Another good sauce they have it their General Tsao sauce. I was pretty impressed. A lot of times at Chinese restaurants I am disappointed in their General Tsao's so i was a bit skeptical to try Trader Joes version. It was really pretty good. It was not overly sweet and had a little bit of a kick.

GB said:
norgeskog that sounds delicious! I will have to look for that sauce next time I am there. I think the way your prepared it is a great idea.

Another good sauce they have it their General Tsao sauce. I was pretty impressed. A lot of times at Chinese restaurants I am disappointed in their General Tsao's so i was a bit skeptical to try Trader Joes version. It was really pretty good. It was not overly sweet and had a little bit of a kick.

GB that sounds great too. I have learned to trust their stuff. If they put their name on it, you can be sure they have eaten it first.

GB said:

GB, I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and bought the General Tsao's sauce. Thanks for the recommendation. I love General Tsao's chicken.

Back
Top Bottom