Tues., Sept. 5 Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Its kind of chilly and cloudy here today so I decided to break out the slow cooker and am making Soup Beans with Ham and we'll have cornbread to go along with that.

We're having the same weather here, too, sizz. I was going to put a chicken in the slow cooker but it's not thawed yet. I think I'll do baked Mexican fish, tortillas and rice and beans instead and do the chicken tomorrow.

Leftovers from Labor Day...ribs, chicken breasts and thighs, sausages, hot dogs and all the salads and desserts. Mmmmm!

smoked a brisket

20 hrs should be good so we are having
brisket sandwiches, some sort of potatoe and green peas.

left over ice cream cake

Its grey and blah here too. I am making pastichio and a Greek salad for dinner.

Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese bake.

I saw the cauli and broc on the veg market this morning and simply Had Too have some :)

I'll pick up a rotisserie chicken for dinner, and have potatoe pancakes and broccoli with it.

Chicken with sweet and sour sauce over rice.
Fresh tomatoes ( ours are finally starting to turn red)
and some roasted zucchini.

SizzlininIN said:
Its kind of chilly and cloudy here today so I decided to break out the slow cooker and am making Soup Beans with Ham and we'll have cornbread to go along with that.
Ohhhh sounds good ! - What do you consider -soup beans- ? I use either navy or great northern- hmm . :)

Italian sausages,onions,peppers with roasted potatoes and a green salad.French parmesan and garlic bread, dessert is just potato chip cookies and ice cream.

kadesma:)

Barb L said:
Ohhhh sounds good ! - What do you consider -soup beans- ? I use either navy or great northern- hmm . :)

Either one BarbL but I tend to go for the Great Northern but will use the navy if the other isn't availabl. I only average eating these about 3 to 4 times a year. We had them often enough when I was young (cheap meal) that I love the meal itself but not that often. It brings back memories of home (mom & dad) like a lot of the meals I make.

Parmesan chicken here. Likely some zucchini and corn on the cob in there somewhere too. Apple pie for dessert. And for a bedtime snack...fresh homemade salsa. It smells so good in here!

Well, it's off to school I go again - so that means no dinner tonight! :(

John

Alix said:
No cafeteria food even???

Nope. Leave work, drive down to campus, attend class, get home around 10:00pm, go to bed, get back up at 4:30 tomorrow morning and come back to work. :yuk:

John

That is just not fair! How long is your course? Are you going to be forfeiting dinner for a while or just a week or so? And the beer? What about that?

I've got a whole chicken I guess I'll cook somehow - I have some leftover new potatoes that I'll do something with - maybe just steam them - and I have some romaine - all I need is some buttermilk to make some blue cheese dressing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom