Tuesday, 1/3/17, what's going to be on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Since Craig has such a long day and i don't know when he'll be home, need something either super fast like the clam pasta on our menu for the week (clams already cooked just enough to open, and frozen in the cooking liquid) or something that can sit for a while since I don't know exactly when he'll be home or if he will have stopped long enough to get some lunch. So, I think the able to sit for a while meal has it, smothered chicken thighs with mashies and sauteed spinach. Comfort food and filling too.

I'm making chicken rogan josh over jasmine rice tonight, side of naan.

I recently asked a young Bengali coworker who brings in a lot of southern Asian dishes into work for some of his mom's recipes. He laughed and said that while his mom could translate some of them for me, ever since she moved to America she loves the fact that you can buy pretty good prepared sauces in jars instead of having to go through all of the trouble of keeping and cooking all of those spices and ingredients.

So, tonight is rogan josh from a jar, and instant rice, and store bought naan.

Yay, mom.

Roasted pork shoulder, it was cheap for a 1.4 kilo roast and it talked to me... yeah right but 4 dollar is cheap to me.
So it now roasting with beer in the oven, I think it will turnout great.

Still cleaning out the fridge. I made a fish-seafood chowder on Sunday to use up the leftover smoked salmon and smoked lake trout, shrimp, smoked mussels from the holidays. There is some of that left. There are odds and ends of other things (meatloaf, some fresh green beans, etc.) to incorporate into something. I can't cook something "new" until the leftovers are gone.

CWS3422: remember that cooked left over only holds for 3 days in the fridge, so you are soon free from left overs.

veggie chili with cornbread for lunch, and probably roasted pumpkin chunks with steak on the side.

I just popped a 3.5 lb chuck roast in a low oven. Pot roast with carrots, potatoes, onions and gravy a few hours from now. Yum yum yum, can't wait.

Chicken piccata in the pressure cooker (from a Beth Hensperger cookbook), served over angel hair, steamed brussel sprouts on the side.

CWS3422: remember that cooked left over only holds for 3 days in the fridge, so you are soon free from left overs.

If I followed that rule I would be throwing away an awful lot of perfectly good food. I figure at least a week before I start thinking about tossing it, but seafood I try to keep for no longer than 4 to 5 days. However, if something doesn't look or smell quite right it gets tossed.

Good stuff, but not worth doing in the pressure cooker. Perfectly adequate on the stovetop, with less work.

Good to know. Promise me you won't do a ribeye in the pressure cooker ;)

(People in the Instant Pot Community group on Facebook are forever asking how to do that :rolleyes: The answer is: don't!)

It's amazing the food items you find on sale right after Christmas. I went out the day after and bought duck breasts, 2 rib roasts, and a rack of lamb - all marked down (the rib roast was $4.99/lb). I divided everything into meal sized portions and froze it.

So tonight I had a couple of the lamb loin chops from the rack, along with some green things (you know, because our moms always told us we had to eat that stuff, too).

img_1494607_0_f8182c87576d2d8f6333d3c3a62f05f3.jpg

Now you just stop that right now, Steve. Apparently here you have to buy rib roast the second it hits the meat counter, or you're SOOL.

Lovely dinners, guys. Leftover rib roast here, no green things.

Good to know. Promise me you won't do a ribeye in the pressure cooker ;)

(People in the Instant Pot Community group on Facebook are forever asking how to do that :rolleyes: The answer is: don't!)
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Steaks should only be done outside where you don't care how much smoke you generate!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom