Tuesday 10th of October!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
We have just had lunch and I couldn't wait to say that it was a DC inspired success.

I have wanted to make Robo's pork Dijon since I read the recipe

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/need-help-with-what-to-do-pork-chops-25969.html?highlight=pork+chops+mustard

and I thought today was the day. I am not as enthusiastic about pork chops as I am lamb chops,and I usually grill them, so I was looking forward to trying something new but simple. But, inbetween laying the stuff out on the worktp and answering the door a well meaning and early arriving guest started interfering in my kitchen (grrr) and I got distracted and went off piste entirely!

In the end having deglazed the pan with white wine I added with the mustard and the cooking apples my "helpful guest" had started peeling and chopping, a little honey and a big glug of calvados, and then the cream. So although I fussed with what sounded like perfection it was yummy and I look foreward to trying Robo's original next time!

We had Anna del Conte's Melon with apple juice syrup as a sweet starter to avoid serving pudding And I have managed to get everyone fed. They are staying to discuss french literature with my mother but I am free for the afternoon now. Yippee.

Whats everyone else eating today?

For lunch I am having leftover cream of celery soup that I made for dinner last night. Everytime I made this soup I wonder why I do not make it more often. It is so easy and so delicious (and even though it is called cream of celery there is no cream in it).

For dinner we will be meeting my brother and his future fiance at our new favortie Chinese restaurant Sichuan Gourmet. We have fallen in love with this place. Often we are the only Caucasians there. The food is out of this world and the choices are so interesting. There are so many dishes I have never heard of at any other Chinese restaurant.

dinner tonight/October 10/Tuesday

Home from our mini vacation and now back at home thinking about dinner tonight. Woke up early, saw SM on Sara's Secrets. She did some chicken dishes so that's what I'm doing for DH's dinner tonight. White rice and black beans [as well] after watching Epicurious this morning too. So, it's Thai coconut marinade on chicken tenders baked not fried, rice/beans, candied carrots for the DH and ice cream. I'll sort out a couple of chicken tenders for me sans the marinade, raw carrots, black beans (as I'm not doing any oil/fat in that) and a small amount of brown rice.

WW's starts for me today, wish me luck! << Oh those dang points................:wacko:

Hey...I started today's already lol! We start the day earlier here and I could wait ;)

Lunch:

Well I just finished making me some curry/apple chicken salad for a sandwich.

Dinner:

While working on my chicken salad I started working on my chicken for my homemade Chicken & Noodles that we'll have over mashed potatoes and fresh baked bread & butter.

I have leftover lasanga that we really SHOULD eat up tonight but I just walked the dog and someone is grilling burgers - the smell was driving me crazy, so now I want a burger or an gyro......might have to talk the hubby into getting a big fat burger or going down the street to our favorite little Greek place.
Oh, and I want cookies too. I've been craving snickerdoodles.

OK, I just slid a concoction in the oven. I layered my leftover beef & chicken from tacos Sunday night (I think it was Sunday:ermm: ) with flour tortillas, refried beans, & mild green chilies in a casserole dish & topped with shredded Mexican style cheese. I'll bake it until it's gooey & bubbly.

Oldest son and family are here tonight, so I'm making one of his favorites. Lemony pork piccata, garlic mashed potatoes, peas and prosciutto, rolls, green salad and ice cream sundaes:LOL:

kadesma

Left-over chili & cornbread. Sore throat & kind of cruddy tonight so I'm taking it easy. Just waiting for Eurika to come on so I can totally veg out.

Back
Top Bottom