Tuesday 15th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sounds good to me, sd. just wondering, is grass-fed preferable to grain-fed beef cattle?

I don't remember the specifics but generally speaking, beef of the grass fed variety is more nutritionally dense. It contains omega 3's and is very lean. Flavor-wise, in something like tacos I can't discern a notable difference. In burgers though it tastes, well, beefier, maybe earthier, if that makes any sense. Oh man does it make good burgers!

I don't remember the specifics but generally speaking, beef of the grass fed variety is more nutritionally dense. It contains omega 3's and is very lean. Flavor-wise, in something like tacos I can't discern a notable difference. In burgers though it tastes, well, beefier, maybe earthier, if that makes any sense. Oh man does it make good burgers!

thanks, sd. i'll be looking for the grass-fed type ground beef next time out.:)

PattY1 said:
Forbidden Rib-Eye Steak
Simple Lettuce Salad w/fat free French Dressing
Jasmine Rice

Looks good, Patty! What makes the ribeye forbidden?

Pan-fried smoked ham steak, potatoes, mushrooms and onions fried in the ham steak drippings with a bit of oil, micro steamed fresh carrots and frozen peas (these carrots were MONSTER sized!).

img_1071749_0_5b28e64aa3bc9a4a5805589c394a6e1c.jpg

msmofet said:
Pan-fried smoked ham steak, potatoes, mushrooms and onions fried in the ham steak drippings with a bit of oil, micro steamed fresh carrots and frozen peas (these carrots were MONSTER sized!).

Nice, MM! Those carrots ARE huge!

Vegetarian spaghetti with ww pasta for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom