Tuesday 4/28 - Taco's??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Finally got on the Taco Tuesday bandwagon...

Chicken (Oh, Boy... Chicken again ! ) Taco's, Double-Wrap, Chili con Queso...

Tacos, Chicken, Chili con Queso.jpg

Small plates/tapas meal tonight. Borscht deviled eggs. Gougeres. Meatballs with saffron sauce. Prosciutto wrapped grilled asparagus.

Attachments

• 2020-04-28 18.41.16.jpg
    2020-04-28 18.41.16.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 101
Lovely lovely leftover Leftovers. That have circled the table at least twice. We both had some cold chicken, baked beans and the last of the green salad spring mix. Going to order 2x as much next grocery order.

I cooked some kielbasa links under the broiler, made some tater tots and butternut squash.

AH YUM!!!

My plan is Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, individual plating, under the broiler to melt the cheese and DEVOUR!!! One of my favorite dishes that I make.

I'd love your recipe Kgirl ! TIA

Tonight we're having leftover Greek Thighs with Lemon Orzo. I had planned on roasted asparagus, but now I'll take the tip from Med and wrap them with some Prosciutto, I just happen to have on hand and wondering what to do with it.

We haven't had country style ribs for ages. The corner store had some really nice ones on sale when I shopped on Saturday. Did them up in the toaster oven in my newest Staub pot - it fits! Sides were mashed potatoes and corn.
IMG_20200428_214545871.jpg

Another leftover freezer dish - mushroom barley soup. Plus some salad. I've been trying to reduce what I have in the freezer, plus after 7 hours outside I really don't feel like cooking. Some lousy days coming up, which will give me some cooking time! lol

You're welcome Kay! Sometimes, I lightly dress them with a lemon juice based vinaigrette.

I had my book club meeting last night (The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek ") so we had pizza that DH picked up from our local pizza place. We did the book club using the Zoom teleconferencing app. It worked great and was pretty fun. I'm going to see if my sister wants to try it.

The plan was pizza for last night.
One local pizza place was running a drive up special. $10 for a 16" pizza, half plain cheese, half cheese pepperoni. Limit 2. That was all they were making, dive up hand them $10 or $20 and drive away. I went to get in line not even an hour after they started and the line of cars was over a mile long! Turns out people waited in line in their cars for 3 hours to get pizza. [emoji15] Some never got any.

We had Five Guys burgers. [emoji6]

I need some help!

I have some vegetables (zuchini, red and green bell peppers, purple and white onion ect...) some Italian sausage, some bacon and pasta. Ziti, linguine or some egg noodles.
I saw a recipe for Carbonara and it looks like it will fit the bill.
I want to use as many vegetables as I can though. So it will not be traditional.

Any ideas? I thought about a stir fry? Make some rice to go with it? Not sure and its getting late.
I need an easy sauce for either recipe. The Carbonara looks like it would be nice and creamy with the addition of the eggs?

Anyone? on short notice? Thanks in Advance....John

Last edited:
I need some help!

I have some vegetables (zuchini, red and green bell peppers, purple and white onion ect...) some Italian sausage, some bacon and pasta. Ziti, linguine or some egg noodles.
I saw a recipe for Carbonara and it looks like it will fit the bill.
I want to use as many vegetables as I can though. So it will not be traditional.

Any ideas? I thought about a stir fry? Make some rice to go with it? Not sure and its getting late.
I need an easy sauce for either recipe. The Carbonara looks like it would be nice and creamy with the addition of the eggs?

Anyone? on short notice? Thanks in Advance....John

The first thing that comes to mind is something along the lines of ratatouille, especially if you have some tomatoes, even canned ones. That would make an easy sauce to go with the pasta and then, maybe some crumbled bacon pieces on top.

The first thing that comes to mind is something along the lines of ratatouille, especially if you have some tomatoes, even canned ones. That would make an easy sauce to go with the pasta and then, maybe some crumbled bacon pieces on top.

Thank you taxlady. Yes. I have some beautiful purple (not sure what they call them but they were expensive) cherry tomato's. And bacon and partially cooked Italian sausage rounds (frozen) I made some time back.
I have a lot of things already chopped up.
What do you think about using the Carbonara sauce idea with the eggs and cheese with these vegetables and meat?

I am going to Google ratatouille right now. :) TIA.

Thank you taxlady. Yes. I have some beautiful purple (not sure what they call them but they were expensive) cherry tomato's. And bacon and partially cooked Italian sausage rounds (frozen) I made some time back.
I have a lot of things already chopped up.
What do you think about using the Carbonara sauce idea with the eggs and cheese with these vegetables and meat?

I am going to Google ratatouille right now. :) TIA.

I dunno, it doesn't really appeal to me to have that much veg in a carbonara. But, it might be good.

Back
Top Bottom