Tuesday, 5/2/2017, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had The last of us sausage stew, it turned out really lovely this time.

TB's getting spaghetti and meatballs as I am trying to use up things from the freezer. That gets rid of a container of sauce and a pack of meatballs (I package them in single servings when I make them).

I will be having wonton soup courtesy of my dear friend who always supplies me with her homemade wontons (also frozen IQF style). I just have to add them to broth with some green onion and broccoli if I have it and heat it up.

medtran, "fly heads"??? :huh: :sick:

Once again I'm collecting leftovers like some people collect stamps or coins. We'll plow through some of those. I'm also thinking of adding something new to the mix so I can still have some leftovers left over. :-p Anyway, I might try this recipe I saw in the April issue of Better Homes & Gardens: Spring Minestrone At least this way I can use up my last leek and empty a tub of baby spinach - cleaning out before I shop again! :LOL:

Last edited:
TB's getting spaghetti and meatballs as I am trying to use up things from the freezer. That gets rid of a container of sauce and a pack of meatballs (I package them in single servings when I make them).

I will be having wonton soup courtesy of my dear friend who always supplies me with her homemade wontons (also frozen IQF style). I just have to add them to broth with some green onion and broccoli if I have it and heat it up.

Well, none of the above ended up being lunch...today, anyway. I ended up doing Italian sausages with raw veggies and baked potato. I had veggies and potato and now am having ice cream. Sometimes I just have to go with what my tummy can handle. :)

Shrimp Creole served over riced cauliflower/broccoli. Not 100% authentic, but tasty. I had a couple of sausage links on hand, so those went in the pot, too.

img_1509535_0_3ceea48095a2ac6bfb640d903f370468.jpg

DH had Oral Surgery again this morning, poor thing, so he's not into eating anything put a Popsicle.

squash nests.jpg

I didn't have lunch, I was way too busy taking care of the patient... :rolleyes:
Awhile back, I had the foresight to bake a Spaghetti Squash and divvy it up for a Single Supper (for moi that is).
I reheated it in a muffin cup, topped with homemade Marinara and grated Grana Padano cheese, a final flurry of torn Flat Leaf Parsley.
YUM!:yum:
(DH is grossed out :LOL:)

Fly heads, a Taiwanese dish. Ground pork, budded garlic chives, garlic, dried fermented black beans (the fly heads), mirin, white soy, sesame oil. It was an interesting dish. I wasn't particularly fond of it, way too much soy for me, but Craig seemed to think it was decent at least.

If you don't try new things, you will never find new favorites.

01CgYPtf6A5Okd5N3Gn_YljoM5xumh8eVouuShdKR-opX92IB

Nice looking dinners, all! Though you did creep me out a bit on the fly heads, medtran, until I saw the finished dish.

We have enough guacamole to fill a child's swimming pool. So that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom