Tuesday 5/30/2017 What are you eating today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled cheese - American, Swiss and muenster cheeses on Bakery seeded eye bread and a bowl of tomato soup.

I am not sure how many I will be feeding as my MIL and maybe my SIL are coming this afternoon to help me unpack and visit with TB before he goes to work. They are coming around the time we eat so I offered lunch (main meal) but Mom may eat with Dad and SIL still doesn't know if she is coming at all. They are just in town for a couple more days.

My plan is stroganoff meatballs on pasta. I found some more meatballs in the freezer during the move and I want to use them up before making more. I will probably make a salad with it or just raw veggies and dip.

I'm going to cook up some pasta, make a cashew sauce and put that on some sauteed broccoli and shrimp. We do occasionally stray from the vegan diet with some seafood, but generally DH is wanting to stick to the diet.

I'm going to cook up some pasta, make a cashew sauce and put that on some sauteed broccoli and shrimp. We do occasionally stray from the vegan diet with some seafood, but generally DH is wanting to stick to the diet.

Looks like pasta for everyone! The Chef's Special is Rotini Pasta and meat sauce, with green beans and a breadstick.

Served in bed! :chef:

CD

Jeannie had a couple of medical appointments and the car needed washing after sitting idle 3 weeks... so... It was a stop for fast food and relaxing the rest of the day...

Ross

Thai Gaeng Daeng with Beef and Basil from the garden. I could literally eat this every night. :yum:

img_1512890_0_4572fdf907d1712ae68e2f6b565c5cf1.jpg

Everyone's dinner plans sound (and look, Steve) great!

We're getting set to blast off for California and it's been
a very busy day. Poor DH's back is really bothering
him at this point, so it's a good thing that I'm still
pretty strong and can handle suitcases, etc.

It's Taco Tuesday here in my kitchen in the middle of the desert,
Fish Tacos to be precious.
I'll grill some Cod Fillets with my homemade Rub and I have already prepped
the accompaniments: Shredded Romaine, shredded cheese,
thinly sliced fresh Radishes, Cucumbers and Sweet White Onion.
I've also made a fresh Pico de gallo with some dried Cilantro and Lime.

Thai Gaeng Daeng with Beef and Basil from the garden....
Does this mean you're growing cows, too? :ermm: Wow, cool Steve! :LOL: Looks good, BTW.

Have a nice visit with your Mom, K-Girl. Hope the DH's back feels better soon.

I have a small chunk of pork loin put-putting away in the slow cooker, keeping company with a couple onions, lots of sauerkraut, and a little beer. We'll have it over mashed potatoes, with sides of braised sauerkraut and just-made applesauce. I'm not going to bother with taking a photo, since it will be a lot of beige food on a tan-colored plate. :LOL:

We had smoked chicken, black bean, pasilla chili, fresh tomato, corn soup. Craig smoked some thighs while he was doing everything else this weekend. It was tasty, but a little too smoky and tomatoey for me. It also had tomato paste, maybe a bit less of that if we make again.

Looks good Steve and I'd love the recipe!!
Hi Kay...

My basic recipe is this one:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/quick-and-easy-beef-panang-curry-95302.html

Maesri makes several different kinds of curry paste, including red curry, green curry, Panang, and Massaman. I just use the same base recipe, but mix up the meat and veggies, according to what I have on hand and the colors that go together. Thai curry isn't super fussy and is a good way to use up leftovers. I almost always add fresh basil, though.

For example, with red curry I prefer beef and julienne sliced bamboo shoots. For green curry, I like chicken and green peas, or even asparagus. I've made yellow curry with seafood, too.

If you want to cut back on the carbs a bit, this works really well served over cauliflower rice.

We had smoked chicken, black bean, pasilla chili, fresh tomato, corn soup. Craig smoked some thighs while he was doing everything else this weekend. It was tasty, but a little too smoky and tomatoey for me. It also had tomato paste, maybe a bit less of that if we make again.

Yum!
This sounds very much like Chicken Tortilla Soup, one of our favorites.
When DH read "Corn Soup" it was: "Eewwww! I couldn't eat Corn Soup!"
Me: DEAR! That's what's in Chicken Tortilla Soup, you like that, you order that in the restaurants, WHAT THE?!
DH: "NO! I'll Never eat that again"
OYE!
:LOL:

Hi Kay...

My basic recipe is this one:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/quick-and-easy-beef-panang-curry-95302.html

Maesri makes several different kinds of curry paste, including red curry, green curry, Panang, and Massaman. I just use the same base recipe, but mix up the meat and veggies, according to what I have on hand and the colors that go together. Thai curry isn't super fussy and is a good way to use up leftovers. I almost always add fresh basil, though.

For example, with red curry I prefer beef and julienne sliced bamboo shoots. For green curry, I like chicken and green peas, or even asparagus. I've made yellow curry with seafood, too.

If you want to cut back on the carbs a bit, this works really well served over cauliflower rice.

Thanks for the post Steve. I don't know how I missed that recipe last year..I may have been gone. I have it printed now with your notes.
What I have had of Thai Curry, I really like. Indian Curry is just not my thing and a whole nuther ball game. ;)

I'm a little late to the party but we had grilled kielbasa, rum baked beans and steak fries. Finished the last of a fabulous lemon meringue pie I made over the weekend. Both of had sad faces as we put the last bites of it in our mouth.

Back
Top Bottom