Tuesday 6-9-15, What's Suppin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Picked up two live dungeness crabs from New York Mart. Haven't decided what to do with them, but leaning to an Old Bay steam bath and old fashion crab pickin.

Picked up two live dungeness crabs from New York Mart. Haven't decided what to do with them, but leaning to an Old Bay steam bath and old fashion crab pickin.

Room for one more?
Sounds good.
No ideas here yet. Still looking around.

That crab sounds great.

A big bowl of mussels steamed with habanero and white wine is going to go on here. With some crusty farm bread to soak the broth up.

Roast guinea fowl, baked potatoes, steamed greens and gravy.

I found half of a small tri-tip in the freezer that I'd portioned out in a vacuum seal bag, so that's thawing now. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet - too small to mess with firing up the Weber. I'm thinking hot sear on the CI grill pan or broiled, and slicing it up for either tacos or fajitas.

Weird weather here today.

Weird food in the fridge to!:ROFLMAO::ohmy:

Biscuit topped stew.

Oh I forgot to add that I followed (the roast) later with a fresh fruit salad (unusual for me)...an amalgamation of some pineapple, mango and passion fruit I bought, that I added some cherries, nectarine and banana (I already had) and topped it with smetana (soured cream apparently) sprinkled over with a little crunchy cereal... Wonderful!

Leftover Prime rib sandwiches...Mayo, Provolone, Parmesan, fried onions, tomatoes, Ciabatta...
TRtf3fP.jpg

Since tomorrow is "cooking for the food photographer day," I had celery sticks dipped in greek yogurt with this spice blend I got at the African cash and carry--lemon, salt, lime, pepper, hot pepper, don't know what else is in it, but I'm addicted to it.

I went to a talk at the library about using edible flowers in cooking, so I made an easy dinner. BLTs with maque choux (sautéed onions, bell peppers and corn seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne, finished with butter). I also sliced up a half cucumber that was getting old and put it in a jar of pickling liquid from pickled banana peppers, and had a few of those. Yummy.

Al Fresco Dinner Again

Hawaii 024.JPG

Went to the local farmer's market and picked up locally grown Blue Lake Green Beans, OH MY GAWD!! Delicious! We both commented that neither of us had ever had green beans that tasted so unreal!! I gave them a quick blanch, that's it.
I served b/s chicken thighs that I marinated in Huli Huli sauce and broiled (we can't BBQ here in the apartment) and a green salad, again locally grown veggies.
WAY ONO!! :yum:

Made some pitta bread.

Came out a bit flat, I think the yeast was too old.

The pitta breads went with the Whole Baked Mullet Turkish-style.

Dessert was Eton Mess.

Philly beef and Swiss flatbread sandwiches, lightly toasted on the grill, and pineapple, kiwi, cantaloupe and strawberry kabobs.

For dessert, we had those sugar-free banana freezer pops. Burp.

Lots of good looking meal here.

I set out a buffet of cheeses, charcuterie, and fruits. The wine is there just in case I needed to drink my way through the NBA game tonight. So far the cork is still in the bottle. Come on Cavs!

Attachments

• 2015-06-09 20.20.13.jpg
    2015-06-09 20.20.13.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 155
I found half of a small tri-tip in the freezer that I'd portioned out in a vacuum seal bag, so that's thawing now. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet - too small to mess with firing up the Weber. I'm thinking hot sear on the CI grill pan or broiled, and slicing it up for either tacos or fajitas.

Been on the phone all evening with my daughters, so ended up having to scrap the taco or fajita plan. Breakfast for dinner again! Pretty yummy.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
I tried another "Clean Eating" recipe, Lettuce wraps! They were really good. I substituted ground turkey for the ground chicken it called for and put the green onions and water chestnuts in right at the end so they were nice and crunchy still, but we both really enjoyed it.

Just looked through tonight's dinner thread - fabulous looking and sounding dinners here tonight! :)

Heading for bed, can't keep my eyes open any longer...:ermm::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom