Tuesday 7/18/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sliced cucumbers & tomatoes from a friends garden, pita chips, ham slices, and fresh peaches. Salted caramel ice cream for a bedtime snack.

We had a collard greens, trinity, andouille, tasso dish from one of the DDD cookbooks that Craig had cooked over the weekend. Obviously, it was from a diner/dive in LA. I made some corncakes (cornbread pancakes) with a little sugar in them, not enough for me, but not so much Craig doesn't like them. It was spicy. The diner/dive serves pancake syrup with it to go over the greens, but I just couldn't do that. Craig said it really cut down on the spice though.

quick dinner last night - a roast with some mashed potatoes. got the last of the Silver Queen corn out of the garden. Froze 21 quarts this year.

Yesterday, I made some potato salad and cole slaw that I got free from the food shelf! It turned out to be delicious!

Pan fried smoked ham steak, baby spinach and baby kale fried in the ham drippings and mashed potatoes.

This was dinner. Was very good. Haven't gotten picture off camera yet.

Going to try again tonight to make Pan fried smoked ham steak, baby spinach and baby kale fried in the ham drippings and mashed potatoes. But plans may change again.

It's a good think those calories do stay on the other side of the screen. :LOL:

Not a great picture but was very good. I really love the sautéed greens (smoked olive oil and my all purpose seasoning), perfect bitter and mild combo and goes well with mashed potatoes (sour cream and butter added for CG. BTW this was my hub's plate.).

ham_spinach_kale_071817_P1100138.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom