Tuesday 8th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a cast iron grill pan I want to use, but it doesn't work well with my electric stove. I miss my old gas stove when I lived in NY.

I am amazed how much juice is given off when I bake wings. I used a foil liner on my pans for easier clean up. I bake half way, flip 'em and then pour the juices off and put them back on a new foil and return to the oven with whatever glaze or sauce I'm using. Now I am hungry for wings too!!

Today it is one quesadilla, maybe two quesadilla ( little ones) and some salad and cookies for later.

Dinner was Pot roast, egg noodles with butter and parsley, micro steamed fresh broccoli & carrots and mushroom & onion jus.

img_1069076_0_6ce21891cde6621f049ceb1a2423a7f5.jpg

I think it could be pretty good, too.
Maybe Munky has come up with a new secret ingredient.

Just had dinner. Everyone commented that they loved the creaminess of the soup. :ROFLMAO:
Guess it is a secret ingredient now.

I didn't tell them about it until after dinner. This is the look they gave me :blink:

Munky.

Chef Munky said:
Just had dinner. Everyone commented that they loved the creaminess of the soup. :ROFLMAO:
Guess it is a secret ingredient now.

I didn't tell them about it until after dinner. This is the look they gave me :blink:

Munky.

It was a better "mistake" than what I did the other day. I grabbed the corn starch instead of the baking powder when making cornbread. Let's just say I could have served it for Passover.

Tonight is shake and bake pork and stovetop stuffing with broccoli on the side. Lazy tonight!

I'm making my beef patties with homemade, creamy onion gravy (made with milk, flour, butter, salt, pepper, onions and beef bouillon. On the side, roasted new potatoes and corn.

My sauce is simmering away. It might be time to get some water for the gnocchi ready shortly.

Beautiful, MM and VB! And everyone else's food sounds wonderful as well!

Last edited:
Mushroom and asparagus risotto and some deconstructed egg rolls. I chopped some celery, carrots, cabbage and cooked chicken into a super fine dice and used garlic, ginger, fish sauce and some rice wine vinegar for flavor, all sauted together until the tender but not mushy soft. I baked empty wrappers in the oven (pressed into a muffin pan) to get them crispy and then we spooned the goodies inside and topped with a dash of plum sauce. They were a huge hit.

mofet and vb, your dinner look fantastic!!! this is getting to be a broken record, but you make me so hungry every night.

my boy was better today so he went to school, and then we had a parent teacher conference this afternoon. his teacher beamed about what a good boy we have, and how he is so intelligent and well rounded in so many subjects that she thinks of him as a little man. she even said when she wants to have a "normal" conversation with someone in class, she talks to him because he's not like all of the other little kids. (btw, for those that may remember when i spoke of it, we decided to keep him in regular classes, not the advanced placement. we want him to be a kid for a while longer. he'll have enough time for hard work in his life.)

so, prouder than peacocks, we went out for a celebratory dinner at our favourite spanish/portugese restaurant, don pepe's in newark.

we started with gambas al ajillo (shrimp in garlic oil), then dw had a monster lobster, rice, and papas fritas, and i had the paella valenciana. my boy shared our dishes with us.

dessert was cappucinos and chocolate chip chocolate cake.

everything was delicious. we'll be going back at the end of the month when we go to a devils' game nearby...can't wait.

Looks good as always, msmofet! YUM!

Thank you VB

Here was dinner.

img_1069186_0_229c56d7069d8e01074a8a98d405e4de.jpg

That looks good. I have never had a white gravy on burgers before. I want some taters.

mofet and vb, your dinner look fantastic!!! this is getting to be a broken record, but you make me so hungry every night.

my boy was better today so he went to school, and then we had a parent teacher conference this afternoon. his teacher beamed about what a good boy we have, and how he is so intelligent and well rounded in so many subjects that she thinks of him as a little man. she even said when she wants to have a "normal" conversation with someone in class, she talks to him because he's not like all of the other little kids. (btw, for those that may remember when i spoke of it, we decided to keep him in regular classes, not the advanced placement. we want him to be a kid for a while longer. he'll have enough time for hard work in his life.)

so, prouder than peacocks, we went out for a celebratory dinner at our favourite spanish/portugese restaurant, don pepe's in newark.

we started with gambas al ajillo (shrimp in garlic oil), then dw had a monster lobster, rice, and papas fritas, and i had the paella valenciana. my boy shared our dishes with us.

dessert was cappucinos and chocolate chip chocolate cake.

everything was delicious. we'll be going back at the end of the month when we go to a devils' game nearby...can't wait.

Thank you Bucky.

It feels so good when you hear that kind of praise from a teacher. Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom