Tuesday Dinner - 4/18/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Rapidly changing circumstances today, so I had to quickly put together a dinner of what I had in the fridge. Stir fry of chicken tenders and asparagus, which is a pretty good combination in the spring.

Hubby caught some pike today so I grilled them IMG_0430.jpg

Last edited:
We had the quick Thai chicken dish that I think Kayelle posted the link for in last couple of weeks. Sides were jasmine rice and sauteed baby bok choy. It was pretty good, though I think I'll cook it at a slightly lower temp next time as the sauce got a little too dark around the edges of the pan and there was certainly no need to put it under the broiler. I used almond too instead of peanuts.

JKIPWU8Ly-2oSlzk_DHv7RI0CpE0JdAgzUhpR60fLAApX92IB

We had the quick Thai chicken dish that I think Kayelle posted the link for in last couple of weeks. Sides were jasmine rice and sauteed baby bok choy. It was pretty good, though I think I'll cook it at a slightly lower temp next time as the sauce got a little too dark around the edges of the pan and there was certainly no need to put it under the broiler. I used almond too instead of peanuts.

JKIPWU8Ly-2oSlzk_DHv7RI0CpE0JdAgzUhpR60fLAApX92IB

Glad you liked it too Med! I agree, the broiler wasn't needed. :chef:
I love the looks of the baby boc choy..I picked some up today at TJ's.

Last edited:
My hernia is acting up again quite badly (our second try for surgery is May 5th) so just having soup and maybe some gluten-free toast.

TB had some sweet and sour ribs I had in the freezer. With getting ready to more, we are trying to use up as much stuff as possible. I made them last month when the online shopping crew gave me sweet & sour ribs (the cut, it was my own sauce) instead of an $8.00 pack of side ribs I ordered. The ones they sent were over $24.00. The ended up refunding me the $16.00 and let me keep the ribs! :) I'm not eating much meat, but TB enjoyed them!

Lamb loin chops seared in the cast iron skillet with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning, couscous salad with grilled onions and peppers and red wine vinaigrette, and green salad with feta and more red wine vinaigrette. 0418171826_HDR.jpg0418172007a_HDR.jpg0418172008_HDR.jpg

Purged leftovers from both the fridge and one tub from the freezer. We each had a nice almost-Mediterranean salad, then Himself finished the pulled BBQ chicken and mini-buns, coleslaw, and Brussels sprouts. I had a chicken dish from the freezer that consisted of breast meat, preserved lemon, green olives, and onion. Oddly, I do not remember making that. Could someone be putting their leftovers into my freezer???

-------------------------------------DAWG? Did your neighbor run out of freezer space for you? :ermm: Did you need MY freezer too? :huh: :LOL:

Jeannie wasn't feeling 100% so it was a bowl of broth for her..

For me it was a silly concoction of scrambled eggs and...wait for it... chopped baloney.. geeze.... :wacko:

What I really wanted was what GG had... :blink:

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom