Tuesday Dinner - 6/5/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Unseasonably cool here (only low 50's), with light showers moving through the area, so indoor cooking tonight. Made one of Mrs. T's faves - sweet and sour chicken stir fry.

Having carbonara with home made fennel sausage..here is the starter..prosciutto wrapped shrimp..

Attachments

• 34497826_10156510152574993_4020321978714947584_n.jpg
    34497826_10156510152574993_4020321978714947584_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 164
Ohmygosh..those look just beautiful Roch!!

We made a Costco run today mainly to stock up on more of our favorite loin lamb chops. Their packaging is different than it was and the two packs of 10 contained slightly inconsistent sized chops. That's something new I don't like, but at least they are still getting them from Australia. I do not like the flavor of American lamb! We usually eat 2 chops a piece but I had to package 3 chops a piece with some of them.

Anyway, needless to say, we're having Costco rotisserie chicken tonight with salads and garlic toast on the side.

Good looking salmon Kgirl!

Last edited:
did a recipe from Cook's Illus. of Roast Chicken with Bread Salad. Absolutely delish and sooo easy! Hardest part is to prep the chicken the day before!

Just a friend and myself so it was a tiny 2 lb. chicken (think it was less than 2 lbs after I spatchcocked it! :LOL:) in a smaller pan but everything worked beautifully. Not a fan of arugula so used romaine but the salad dressing with the Champagne Vinegar is amazing!

I also did some asparagus on the side with their own dressing of black olives and little so called "Chef's Collection" of coloured tomatoes. Very yummy.

both of us were stuffed and couldn't finish - - - doggy bags for tomorrow!

Attachments

• 20180605_175508.jpg
    20180605_175508.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 20180605_191451.jpg
    20180605_191451.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 145
did a recipe from Cook's Illus. of Roast Chicken with Bread Salad. Absolutely delish and sooo easy! Hardest part is to prep the chicken the day before!

Just a friend and myself so it was a tiny 2 lb. chicken (think it was less than 2 lbs after I spatchcocked it! :LOL:) in a smaller pan but everything worked beautifully. Not a fan of arugula so used romaine but the salad dressing with the Champagne Vinegar is amazing!

I also did some asparagus on the side with their own dressing of black olives and little so called "Chef's Collection" of coloured tomatoes. Very yummy.

both of us were stuffed and couldn't finish - - - doggy bags for tomorrow!

I don't think I've ever even seen a 2 lb chicken in the grocery. :ermm:

Cool and rainy here, too, so I took advantage of it and made a pot of creamy chicken with wild rice soup. Love that soup so much - but not enough to eat it once it goes over 65 degrees! :LOL:

DD and I did (I did the driving) running around yesterday.
We had cheese and crackers and over easy eggs and toast for dinner.

Dragon and Rock, looking/sounding good.

We had chicken parm and spaghetti, nothing fancy.

DH and I tag-teamed it last night. I made salads and a quick marinade/sauce for grilled chicken cutlets and he grilled the chicken and corn on the cob. Delish.

I made a recipe from Kenji on Serious Eats for grilled boneless skinless chicken. The method works great - make a marinade and divide it. Marinate the chicken with half until you're ready to cook - doesn't need long at all. Grill 4.5 minutes on one side to get good browning and cook most of the way through, then flip and finish the second side for 30 seconds. Drizzle with the remaining marinade before serving. This makes really juicy and flavorful chicken quickly.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes...cken-cutlet-rosemary-garlic-lemon-recipe.html

:LOL: It was tiny! It was a pkg of 2 chickens. One was about 3 and this one 2. At first I wasn't even sure it would be enough for both of us. Boy, was I wrong!

By the time you removed the backbone, that yard bird had to be the size of a big pigeon. :LOL: The rest of the meal must have been filling.

Last edited:
GG looks scrumpdillyishous!

That poor chicken - really it weighed just under 2 lb. Don't forget that it was served with a bread salad.
That little bird is sitting on top of the bread salad and it is all cooked together, in the oven. There is a bit of broth on the bread and then the drippings from the chicken. It was wonderful. along with the salad and asparagus it was perfect. I just chomped the chicken in half and separated the breast from the leg to serve.

If When I divide it up to serve more people I will slice the chicken breast in advance.

As is their wont, Cooks Illus. often base their articles on common, well-known, old-time or famous recipes.
Here the original recipe they were paying "homage" to is in San Francisco - the Zuni Cafe. Their dish uses a 4 lb. chicken and serves 4 to 6. Quote "On an average day, the restaurant serves about 100 of its whole chickens with warm bread salad." Whew!

Back
Top Bottom