Tuesday Dinner - 6/6/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight's dinner was Glop. Hamburger and onion sautéed and mixed with potatoes, peas, corn, mushrooms and (of course) COM soup.

Ended up eating a loaded, well as loaded a vegan diet can be, spinach salad and some vegan vanilla ice cream, that I made out of almond milk.

Cashew chicken stir fry (chicken, green peppers, onions, bamboo shoots, and of course cashews) served over steamed rice.
I made something similar: cashew pork, with green, yellow and orange bell peppers, onions, garlic and ginger over a rice medley, with cashews and sesame seeds. Also made asparagus in oyster sauce for the side.
0606172039b_HDR.jpg

Another autumn-like day, another autumnal dinner. We had some of last night's ham with fried cabbage and noodles, and zucchini discs sauteed with Italian seasoning blend and Penzeys roasted garlic.

Attachments

• 20170606_205907.jpg
    20170606_205907.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 142
I did a tasty Italian dish on the fly tonight.

SC came home with some sweet Italian sausage. The fridge crisper had some elderly mushrooms and little colored bell peppers with a half an onion.
With a can of Hunts pasta sauce, and some red wine it all came together with a little cooked penne pasta and cheese. Worked for us.

2 Fried Chicken Thighs from a local grocery store, sweet potato fries, and sliced strawberries. No more fried chicken for supper - had heartburn all night last night.

Did a Flemish Beef Casserole as we were suddenly dropped back into Autumn by the weather fairy.
No pics as it wasn't terribly photogenic.
Beef, bacon, beer, onions, stock, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, two triangles of fried bread spread with mustard.

This wasn't one of my wife's favourites, she said it had a funny taste.

Back
Top Bottom