Tuesday dinner July, 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only one? It's just too hot to cook. Maybe later a piece of fruit or some peanut butter and crackers. It is beer drinking time. I have some in the refrigerator, but I don't drink it. And I have cheese. How about cheese and crackers?

Thursday I'm cooking, I'm grilling outdoors, no matter the heat. I just can't bear the thought tonight.

Penne in a San Marzano tomato/garlic/black olive/white wine sauce, served with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Roasted cauliflower on the side. Raspberry Fool for dessert.

I figured since the grill was on for the corn, I would throw a half dozen or so wings on, too. I sauced them with a blue cheese/BBQ sauce mixture. The potatoes I got today at Wally World were huge... look at that bad boy. That's just one half. Almost takes up the whole side of the serving plate:ohmy: Yahoo to Colorado for growing them that big. The other half is for tomorrow, as is the ear of corn I had left. I mixed a little BBQ sauce in with some cole slaw, too. I nuked the ribs I had leftover from the other day and they were just as moist and tasty and when I first cooked them. And some cornbread for good measure :)
I am content :pig: :)

Ugh I am so completely irritated with myself for having no imagination lately.
Baseball night, I grilled some hot dogs and made a box of rice a roni. :(
Watched an all BBQ episode of Diners Drive-ins and Dives today.... thats all DH and I can think about now, so the hot dogs really got me in a crabby mood somehow.
I know what I'm making tomorrow can I start that thread yet?? :)

Ugh I am so completely irritated with myself for having no imagination lately.
Baseball night, I grilled some hot dogs and made a box of rice a roni. :(
Watched an all BBQ episode of Diners Drive-ins and Dives today.... thats all DH and I can think about now, so the hot dogs really got me in a crabby mood somehow.
I know what I'm making tomorrow can I start that thread yet?? :)
Yep, start that thread. I've been known to pm a certain person asking for her to start the thread so I can post on it myself.
Don't beat yourself up for not having imagination. We all go through that. Sometime, a box of this, a can of that, a pinch of this, and a douse of that, is all it takes to put a meal on the table. Not a fantastic meal, but one that fills the bill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom