Tuesday in the Kitchen - 12/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
California Cheeseburger (sans Avocado) , Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes, Stinky Beans 'n Bacon Bits...

Burger, California Cheese - 12-28-21.jpg

I have a class at our local Community Center this evening,
so I made us three Noodle Bowls, since it's snowing and all.

IMG_0960.jpg
(file photo-I forgot to take a picture today)

This what we call in Hawaii a Won Ton Mein Deluxe.

Not pictured for Mom & I (not DH, `cuz he's allergic) are
some beautiful Shrimp that quick poached in the Dashi.

What you can see is the Kamaboko aka steamed Fish Cake,
Pork & Veggie Won Ton or dumplings, Char Siu or
Chinese BBQ Pork that I make myself, `cuz you surly
can't find that here in Cowboyville
and some Baby Bok Choi that I also steep to a crisp-tender in
the Dashi.
DH's Dashi was separate, no Shrimp for him.

Now, the only thing missing from this linner is a side of
what we call in Hawaii Meat Stick aka BBQ Teriyaki Beef Skewer
and some Shrimp Tempura :yum:
AND
I forgot to make a dish of Chinese Hot Mustard for the dipping
of the Won Ton and Kamaboko!

Another round of AF cooking tonight. SO and I collaborated to cooke chicken thighs, potatoes and carrots.

C62E2D08-95DF-4A1D-ACEB-2224618EC819_1_105_c.jpg

Came out pretty good. Didn't need to cut the carrots in half.

I made breakfast for supper tonight. Our scrambled eggs had onions, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese. The sausage was Bob Evans, something I can't find in MA. Maybe I haven't looked in the right store. No potatoes, but we each had two slices of Aldi Seedtastic bread, toasted.

Tonight for supper I made White bean and Italian sausage soup. I was going to make it with rainbow chard, but when the chard arrived in my produce basket, it was in very sorry condition. I have gotten a refund. Anyhoo, I had a head of kale in the freezer, so I used that as the leafy green. There was also some wholewheat and sunflower seed bread and Parm to go with the soup. Stirling had three bowls and I ate two. I think I stopped just short of eating too much. I really enjoyed that meal.

White bean and Italian sausage soup or stew.jpg White bean and Italian sausage soup - stew.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight for supper I made White bean and Italian sausage soup. I was going to make it with rainbow chard, but when the chard arrived in my produce basket, it was in very sorry condition. I have gotten a refund. Anyhoo, I had a head of kale in the freezer, so I used that as the leafy green. There was also some wholewheat and sunflower seed bread and Parm to go with the soup. Stirling had three bowls and I ate two. I think I stopped just short of eating too much. I really enjoyed that meal.

View attachment 50591 View attachment 50592

I'm making this soup today!
I took a page from Chef John and have tinkered my own version.

I'm making this soup today!
I took a page from Chef John and have tinkered my own version.

I usually tweak recipes, but this is so much to our liking the way it's written, that I haven't had the urge to tweak it. I do use canned, organic, navy beans. I learned that I need to use everything in that can of beans. There is a lot of flavour in the liquid and any "goo" in the can.

What kinds of tinkering do you do?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom