Tuesday, January 28, 2020 Whatcha got cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I guess I'll start today's dinner thread. The KN is curling and requested burgers, so burgers it is. I am making fries in the Air Fryer and a hot fudge shake to round out the meal. I made the hot fudge sauce earlier since that isn't something he has in the house...hope he likes it. He's already yelled at me twice today...I can't wait for winter to end so I can go HOME!

Tonight's Beef & Cheddar roll-ups, Mashed with Gravy, and the last of the Corn & Peas... Salad of course...

Beef & Cheedar Roll-Ups.jpg

I don't have a lot of energy and DH has a cold, so we're going to have a frozen PF Chang's frozen sweet and sour chicken dinner with basmati rice.

20200128_185122.jpg

What I call chili.

It's got a 7oz Ribeye cubed small, pan fried SPG

1 lb ground Chuck

1/3 pound Italian sausage.

Forgot the chorizo.

Can of tomato sauce

Can of whole tomatoes, cut up.

1 cup of water

1 cup light beef broth

Onion

Carrots

Celery

Corn

Chili seasoning...

My Mom was born on this date 102 years ago. If she were alive, she would have dubbed it her "beer frame" birthday. [emoji38] In her honor, I made a pot of her ham and bean soup. Washed it down with beer served in a Cleveland Indians glass. She loved her Indians. Here's to you, Mom. [emoji813]
IMG_20200128_210638754.jpg

I made my version of carbonara with whole grain spaghetti. I served it with a salad of baby greens and a bit of sliced red onion. That made my mouth happy.

Had this before - many times - and still love it !
I'm sure some of you recall my " killer chicken thighs" recipe - well, did it again tonight - just as good as ever -

SO is on a home made soup kick - and wanted 2 soups - turkey vegetable and creamed cauliflower - so she had them both & enjoyed them both !

If you haven't tried the chicken thighs, then you're missing some great-tasting chicken !!

Attachments

• IMG_8788 killer chicken thighs after baking.jpg
    IMG_8788 killer chicken thighs after baking.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 81
Last night I broiled a sirloin steak (after the flip and almost to doneness I topped mine with Plain Panko crumbs olive oil and seasonings added) and a side salad. The crumbs got a little over browned.

steak_salad_012820_IMG_6684.jpg

Back
Top Bottom