Tuesday, June 8th, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Homemade special fried rice, pork, chicken, shrimp, plus a lot of veges. Purchased pork egg rolls with Chinese hot mustard for dipping.

Attachments

• 2021-06-08 18.59.22.jpg
    2021-06-08 18.59.22.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 59
I finally got around to trying a butter and sage sauce for pasta. I added a bit of garlic. It was a bit subtle for the tortellini, but it was lovely flavours. The tortellini had been in the freezer for a while and wasn't at its best, but still food. I made a leafy salad to go with that and put some Pecorino Regiano on the table. We didn't use it, because there was enough in the butter and sage sauce. I might add a chopped anchovy and a bit of crushed hot peppers another time.

Tortellini in butter & sage sauce and a salad with vinaigrette.jpg

Trying out new burger potato buns. Grilled burgers. Tots on the side.

CDB1B54E-DAC6-49EF-8313-84A7292C3457_1_105_c.jpg

SO really liked them. I liked them too. The biggest issue with the recipe is that it makes 9 buns. nine is not evenly divisible by two.

A cheat day for us.

Went to our favorite grinder shop to enjoy Cubanos and Caesar salads.

Then on the the Bundt cake shop to choose a couple of small cakes to take home. We chose White Chocolate Raspberry and Lemon. :yum:

Ross

Trying out new burger potato buns. Grilled burgers. Tots on the side.

View attachment 47267

SO really liked them. I liked them too. The biggest issue with the recipe is that it makes 9 buns. nine is not evenly divisible by two.
You could weigh the dough ball and divide the weight by 10, then weigh each piece as you're dividing them. They'll each be slightly smaller but that shouldn't matter too much. Or, one person gets to have a sandwich with the extra bun [emoji2]

DH grilled several Italian sausages, along with sliced onions and bell peppers. I made pasta and a light sauce with olive oil, garlic, herbs and Parmesan cheese and mixed it all together. Pretty tasty.
20210608_205626.jpg

Back
Top Bottom