Tuesday, May 16, 2017, what's in your bowl or on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We're finishing up minestrone I started on Saturday. Half of it went into the freezer and we added more broth and datalini to finish up tonight's dinner. Craig made garlic toasts.

My sister gave me a bunch of fresh tomatoes this weekend. They are already harvesting in Houston. I bought some fresh mozzarella and some fresh bread today, and have some basil in the garden, so I am thinking a caprese panini for supper.

CD

I made a tofu laden quiche with spinach, asparagus, onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, basil, nutritional yeast and lots of s&p. It was quite good and a keeper recipe.

I made two more frozen meals (five servings each) for my FIL today and had/created ;) leftover pasta sauce (ricotta-stuffed shells with Italian sausage and veggie sauce, and orrechiette with meatballs and tomato-veggie sauce) and extra meatballs. So I extended the sauce with a can of tomato sauce and more seasonings, cooked some rotini and mixed it all together with the meatballs to make a casserole. Topped it with dollops of extra ricotta filling and shredded Parmesan cheese and put it in the oven. In a few minutes, I'll add some frozen garlic bread sticks to the oven.

I had planned to make a caprese salad to go with it, but my feet are killing me and I don't think I have the energy. So I guess DH and I will have it as a snack on the road tomorrow on our way home.

Last edited:
I had planned to make a caprese salad to go with it, but my feet are killing me and I don't think I have the energy. So I guess DH and I will have it as a snack on the road tomorrow on our way home.

DH came to the rescue and made the caprese salad :wub: 0516171934a_HDR.jpg

Smoked turkey breast, stuffing, steamed broccoli and turkey gravy.

Since we had lots of Mother's Day chicken left, all I made was salads, plus I cooked up some frozen French cut green beans. My salad was more composed than I was earlier today, due to a schedule mix-up at the doctors' office. I think Himself should go with me to the real appointment tomorrow so I don't strangle someone. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20170516_205309.jpg
    20170516_205309.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 98
Nice looking meals GG and CG. I had the salad bug too, but used tuna instead of chicken (no bugs).

Attachments

• IMG_20170516_205456.jpg
    IMG_20170516_205456.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20170516_205908.jpg
    IMG_20170516_205908.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 97

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom