Tuesday the 8th. What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We have a fuller house than normal with both our GD and GS here for dinner. I'm making what I know everyone will eat happily. Pasta. I'll make a sauce with ground beef. SO will make a salad.

What are your plans?

Easy peasy meal tonight. Chicken bake with thighs, cream of mushroom soup mixed with white wine, swiss cheese slices, and a sprinkle of Pepperidge farm stuff mix on top dotted with butter. Corn and mirliton maque choux for a side. Craig had gone shopping the night before to get stuff for chile and somehow ended up with a free mirliton that somehow got into his bags versus the bags of the person before him.

Mexican rice with green chilies and cubed pork mixed in.. Topped with either a poached or over easy egg...

Vanilla pudding for dessert..

Ross

Something with this green chile sauce.

The roasters arrived in town last Friday and this is from the first case I bought today. I have been clearing out the freezer for chile season and I cooked up some chicken hidden in the back of the freezer. So I'll make some mashed potatoes, heat up some of the garlic chicken and smother it all in this sauce.

Attachments

• DSCN6177.jpg
    DSCN6177.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 131
I'm also starting homemade yogurt. Doing Boil cycle now. Then 8 hour incubation. Will strain overnight for a nice thick Greek yogurt. Will make lemon curd and strawberry compote tomorrow.
Can't wait.

Pizza for dinner tonight -

Mama Mary Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust topped with tomato sauce, olive oil, herbs and spices, shredded cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, parmesan and romano cheese), crumbled sweet Italian sausage, bell peppers (green, red, yellow and orange), onions (red and yellow) and sliced mushrooms.

27696-albums1087-picture7079.jpg

Argh!!! Rock! save some for me!!! Coming back on Thurs from my sister's, I could have an early supper snack on that! That looks amazing! I could be there by 2 or 3! :)

Ate a lot at breakfast and lunch so a very light dinner.
Spinach with balsamic vinegar and a soft boiled egg.
151 calories, 14g carbs

We had dinner salads big enough to feed a small country. I clean and trim and chop up veggies, lay down a bed of lettuce, and then realize I cut up WAY more food than I needed. Still, I load it on. For the most part it's low calorie-low fat-high fiber, so it has to be good for us, right? (Don't pay any attention to that bit of cornbread off to the side...)

Attachments

• 20170808_215257.jpg
    20170808_215257.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 140
I've never seen anyone eat so many delicious looking salads as you do, CG. I know everyone says you should eat better, but if your fare were presented to me on a nightly basis, I might actually do it.

Himself is a lucky man, he is.

Gee, thanks BT! I just read your comment to Himself and he laughed, then said "but you only post salads! You don't show them hot dogs and beans". Don't worry, I set him straight. I post our "sins" as well as the good meals. Sometimes you have to feed the kid in you - forget the adult with cholesterol and weight issues! :LOL:

If you lived closer, I'd fix salads for you and yours, too.

Back
Top Bottom