Tuesday's Dinner - 7/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken Drumsticks (Air Fryer) with
Garlic Mash & Gravy, Stinky Beans...

Chicken Drums 7-12-22.jpg

I heated some kebbe that I get from Lufa Farms, the company I buy produce baskets from. The kebbe is made by Syrian ladies in Montreal. The name of the company is Les Filles Fatoush. They just won as entrepreneur of the year in Quebec. The kebbe are really good and very filling. I fried up some frozen vegis with leftover brown basmati rice, sesame seeds, and Madras curry paste. Then, I stirred in some cream and let it simmer for a short while. It was all delicious. I'm stuffed.

Kebbe and brown rice with veg.jpg

Dinner was pork tenderloin medallions, butternut squash and a salad. Sadly, the pork was a little overdone because my Thermopen bit the dust. By the time I stopped fiddling with it, it was too late.

IMG_0212.jpg

Breakfast for supper tonight. I took a pound of the bear sausage, added sage and onion. I the formed the into link shapes, and steamed them until cooked through, then lightly browned. With the sausage links, I made Dutch Babies. I will take pictures when the Dutch Baby is done.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Sorry to read about the Thermapen Andy. I assume you have checked the battery?

Yeah, TL. It has been giving erratic and crazy readings. I changed the batteries recently but that didn't help. Tonight, no matter what I did, it wouldn't cooperate. So I just ordered a new one from Thermoworks.

Yeah, TL. It has been giving erratic and crazy readings. I changed the batteries recently but that didn't help. Tonight, no matter what I did, it wouldn't cooperate. So I just ordered a new one from Thermoworks.

I would have promptly ordered a new one too. Surprising how much we come to depend on those, eh?

Smoke roasted chicken with Alabama white sauce, Roasted potatoes, Green salad with scallions, cucumber, radishes and mayogrette.

Pictures of my Dutch Baby. an sausages:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220712_181528.jpg
    20220712_181528.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220712_181516.jpg
    20220712_181516.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220712_181508.jpg
    20220712_181508.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 19
I made chicken tacos - thighs browned and simmered in homemade tomatillo salsa, in flour tortillas with pickled red onions and feta cheese. On the side is a tomato-cucumber-avocado salad. Ice cream for dessert.
20220712_202453.jpg

Salad – spring mix, dandelion greens, tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, red pepper, cucumber, feta cheese, anchovy fillets, pan-fried marinated chicken breast (lemon herb). Greek style dressing.

salad_071222_img_9810-jpg.51255

I spent the better part of the day cleaning and I was bushed. Himself was more than happy to run down to the pizza place we like for a pie. Another House Special-which is what every other shop calls a deluxe. We just call it gooood!

I made another version of the TJ's flatbread salad. Topped with tzatziki, then greens and tomatoes and topped with meatballs and feta cheese. The meatballs had Middle Eastern spices and were baked to perfection. We had potato salad as a side. Dessert was a new batch of chocolate ice cream that included chopped mini Reese's peanut butter cups and layered with caramel sauce. DH called it Super Chocolate. It was good and will be repeated! The perfect finish to a particularly warm PNW day.
smileys-ice-cream-139548.gif

Back
Top Bottom