Tuesday's Evening Meal 4/11/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I made a big pot of American Chop Suey. Large elbows, large can of American tomatoes with juice, finely diced onions and garlic with a small dash of Italian seasoning.

After we ate our share, there is enough to prepare a couple of boil bags for individual servings to go into the freezer. The rest will be leftovers for tomorrow. The second day always tastes better.

I've mentioned before that I cook and Jeannie cleans behind me...
That said, there are a few meals that she puts together which I love..
One is quesadillas... I do not know why hers are, to me, so much better than what we get out on the town but, I will have hers any day... Today is quesadilla day in our house.. :yum: I'll gladly clean up behind her... :)

Going to bake off a bunch of olive oil, garlic, and Penzey's Turkish seasoning basted chicken breasts and serve with some leftover au gratin potatoes.

One is quesadillas... I do not know why hers are, to me, so much better than what we get out on the town but, I will have hers any day... Today is quesadilla day in our house.. :yum: I'll gladly clean up behind her... :)

I just want to know if you showed Jeannie my calling her attention to those cookies!

DH picked up a cauliflower almost the size of Beagle. I roasted some of it. I dug out a chicken breast from the neighbor's freezer that I'm using, and chunked and marinated it in teriyaki and and srirachi, pankoed, and baked. Honey mustard for dipping.

Thanks for the inspiration, Ross. :chef: I was just wondering what to make. Quesadillas it is. I just checked and have a little chopped cooked chicken, flour tortillas, bits of sharp cheddar, Jack, and pepper Jack, and a jalapeno or two. A scoop of refried black beans from the other day will round it out nicely. :yum: Nice to be able to use up so many little leftovers in one dish.

Red beans and rice per Paul Prudhomme.

My fav quesadilla is pretty simple, fresh or frozen/defrosted corn nibs cooked in just a bit of olive oil with a good pinch of oregano, S and P. Let cool and mix with fontinella cheese. I'm happy with just those, don't need others.

Red beans and rice per Paul Prudhomme.

My fav quesadilla is pretty simple, fresh or frozen/defrosted corn nibs cooked in just a bit of olive oil with a good pinch of oregano, S and P. Let cool and mix with fontinella cheese. I'm happy with just those, don't need others.
That in bold brings back wonderful cooking memories of the 80's.. I had such fun smoking up the kitchen as I plopped butter into an insanely hot skillet and made his Blackened Redfish... At the time, half the fun was watching guests eyes go wide at the cloud of smoke, swearing that I was ruining the fish.. The other half of the fun was seeing and hearing the expressions of pleasure as they, sometime hesitantly, brought the fish to their mouths.. Of course I always served the fish with Red Beans and Rice.. Those offerings were seldom seen, at that time, in the part of California I lived in... Great fun...

Jeannie says her quesadillas are simply cheese, olives, chopped chilies, green onions, whatever protein is left from a previous meal and any little goodie she finds in the fridge that seems fun to add.. All topped with sour cream, of course...( I say 'she says" because I keep out of the kitchen when she cooks )
Somehow they are totally marvelous..

I have a chink of beef out thawing and I can't decide whether to use the mesquite mix on it and have it in tortillas or to make oyster sauce beef with rice again. I guess it depends on how lazy I feel tonight. I'm feeling lazy, but I'm really leaning towards the oyster sauce beef, which isn't really a lot of work, just a lot of dishes afterwards. LOL

Didn't have a clue what to make. I have fresh chicken in the fridge; shrimp and ground beef in the freezer, either of which defrost quick. What to make, what to make. Decide to check tonight's dinner thread for help. And then THIS:
One is quesadillas...
:ohmy: It was as if the skies opened and a couple of angels started to sing "Quesadillas! Quesadillas! Chicken Quesadillas and some Refried Beans!" (apologies to Handel). So that's what we'll have. :yum: Thanks, JC!

We had homemade beef and barley soup and grilled cheese. The sandwiches were on multigrain bread with old cheddar, salsa, and sliced onion.

Didn't have a clue what to make. I have fresh chicken in the fridge; shrimp and ground beef in the freezer, either of which defrost quick. What to make, what to make. Decide to check tonight's dinner thread for help. And then THIS:

:ohmy: It was as if the skies opened and a couple of angels started to sing "Quesadillas! Quesadillas! Chicken Quesadillas and some Refried Beans!" (apologies to Handel). So that's what we'll have. :yum: Thanks, JC!

I am happy that Jeannie's quesadilla dinner has inspired you... Lets make this QUESADILLA Tuesday!!!!,,, Yayyy!! :yum:

That in bold brings back wonderful cooking memories of the 80's.. I had such fun smoking up the kitchen as I plopped butter into an insanely hot skillet and made his Blackened Redfish... At the time, half the fun was watching guests eyes go wide at the cloud of smoke, swearing that I was ruining the fish.. The other half of the fun was seeing and hearing the expressions of pleasure as they, sometime hesitantly, brought the fish to their mouths.. Of course I always served the fish with Red Beans and Rice.. Those offerings were seldom seen, at that time, in the part of California I lived in... Great fun...

Jeannie says her quesadillas are simply cheese, olives, chopped chilies, green onions, whatever protein is left from a previous meal and any little goodie she finds in the fridge that seems fun to add.. All topped with sour cream, of course...( I say 'she says" because I keep out of the kitchen when she cooks )
Somehow they are totally marvelous..

Having lived in cajun country for 8 years, I remember the first time I went to a restaurant, and they had blackened snapper on the menu. I had never heard of such a thing. I'm guessing now that chef Paul invented it.

Now, red beans and rice, I am very familiar with. Down in Port Arthur, rice and beans of many kinds were a staple food. It wasn't just red beans. As a skinny teenager, I could polish off enough rice and beans to feed a family of four. LOL

So, that brings me to tonight's dinner. Mac and cheese. No relation to rice and beans, or cajun cooking. Yes, just mac and cheese.

I woke up this morning with a craving for a McD's sausage McMuffin, and ate one in my car in the McD's parking lot with a cup of McD's coffee, which is actually good coffee, IMO. I'm having one of those kinds of days. Don't tell my doctor.

CD

Back
Top Bottom